Intel-Nvidia driver conflict - Lenovo z500 Windows10

2018-07-11, 10:31 AM

Machine details:
Model: Lenovo z500
Processor: i5-3230m
Graphics: Intel HD 4000 [Integrated] || NVIDIA 740m [Dedicated]
RAM: 8GB [Dual 4GB] running at 1333 MHz

Issue:
The nvidia just doesn't work on any version of windows whether it is 7, 8 or 10. When I install fresh driver, it works for a while till I restart the laptop. After the restart, gone!
Please note: by "working" I mean for the preview which we see on "Adjust image settings with preview" page in nvidia control panel.

If I don't install Intel drivers, that time nvidia driver works in that preview. Once Intel is installed, the screen flickers and goes to BSOD. I have tried all clean installations using DDU and even re-installing windows. Intel works pretty much fine though.

Recently a month back I opened my laptop and changed the thermal paste which was gone bad. I applied the arctic silver 5 one. I don't see any temperature issues.

Now in new update of Windows 10's task manager I only see nvidia GPU but not the integrated Intel one. I am unable to figure out the issue as what is conflicting. Is there some settings I need to change. I feel like they are conflicting somewhere.

Please let me know what all is needed to figure out. Logs or any kind of report and I will provide that.

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save