Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please noteour guidelines.How to register and login andCommunity FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Serial Port
0 Kudos

Re: Intel Sandy Bridge Chipset - Bulletin - Affected IdeaPad Models

Mr. Hopkins:

As per your request, I have sent to you promptly 2 emails with the S/N of the Y560p but haven't heard from you since . Kindly please instruct the next step I should do to have this issue resolved. Many thanks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

4rch13ch01

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Hello Mark_Lenovo,

I have recently bought a Lenovo G570 laptop. Now could you please confirm me if it comes under the affected faulty intel (C series 200 HM65 B2 stepping) chipset. I am bit worried  and not sure if I will need a replacement/repairing. The Mfg date is 11/03/20 (as mentioned at the back).

Let me know if you need any other details, as per the Gigabyte (http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/utility.aspx) 6 Series SATA Check chipset utility it's a faulty one :-(

Thanks,

Saikat

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Just to mention few things, i have called up the lenovo support guys but they were unaware of tgis issue and suggested me to contact the forums. Mine is G570-i5 2410m laptop as mentioned earlier. Thanks!
Topics: 421
Kudos: 1,417
Solutions: 317
0 Kudos

All,

Unless you system was manufactured on or before Feb 3, 2011, it is NOT affected by this issue.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Serial Port
0 Kudos

Mark:

As per your request, I have sent to you promptly 2 emails, or I should say 4 emails now including this one, with the S/N of the Y560p but haven't heard from you since . Kindly please instruct the next step I should do to have this issue resolved. Many thanks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

4rch13ch01

Highlighted
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Hi, quick question, I just ordered Y570, i7 model, it is not affected by it, right?

0 Kudos

mgrenkov1,

Right, not affected.

Please see my last post 2 messages up...

No worries! Smiley Happy

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
0 Kudos

4rch13ch01,

Apologies for the delay - will check my PM box (it's full) and get back to you later today! 

Thanks for your patience - sorry to leave you hanging.

Mark

Mark Hopkins
twitter @lenovoforums
Serial Port
0 Kudos

Mark:

Thx for writing back. Looking forward to seeing your ulterior solutions. Thx again.

4rch13ch01 

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: Processor Concern - Intel finds Sandy Bridge chipset design flaw

Hi Mark,

I am Abhishek from Pune India. I have recently purchased IdeaPad Z570 laptop. And while going through this forum I came across one of your post which says that Z570 is also affected with Intel's 6 series SATA issue. How can I confirm that whether my system is shipped with affected chipset or not. I am asking this because I am facing low Data transfer rate while copying any large data to my HDD or vice a versa.

Please help me regarding this.

Thanks in advance,

Abhishek