cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xella
Paper Tape
Views: 2,597
Message 1 of 8

Intel VIRTUALIZATION (Virtualization Technology)

THIS IS MY FIRST LENOVO SYSTEM.... TILL NOW I HAD NO PROBS....BUT FEW DAYS BACK I HAD INSATLLED VMWARE ON MY PC AND TRIEND RUNNING LINUX ON IT BUT IT SAID TO ENABLE INTEL VIRTUALZATION FIRST .. SO WENT TO BIOS AND DID IT... AFTER THAT IT WORKED FOR THE FIRST BOOT THERE AFTER IN MY TASKMANAGER IT SHOWS NOW NOT CAPABLE... WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSE TO MEAN.. A PROCESSOR WHICH IS ACUTALLLY CAPABLE IS NOW NOT SHOWN AS NOT... PLEASE DO FIND ME A SOLUTION ... 

MY SYSTEM IS LENOVO Z50-70 WITH INTEL CORE I5 4210U; 1TB HDD; 2GB NVIDIA 840M ;WINDOWS 8.1

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,570
Message 2 of 8

Re: Intel VIRTUALIZATION (Virtualization Technology)

@Xella wrote:

THIS IS MY FIRST LENOVO SYSTEM.... TILL NOW I HAD NO PROBS....BUT FEW DAYS BACK I HAD INSATLLED VMWARE ON MY PC AND TRIEND RUNNING LINUX ON IT BUT IT SAID TO ENABLE INTEL VIRTUALZATION FIRST .. SO WENT TO BIOS AND DID IT... AFTER THAT IT WORKED FOR THE FIRST BOOT THERE AFTER IN MY TASKMANAGER IT SHOWS NOW NOT CAPABLE... WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSE TO MEAN.. A PROCESSOR WHICH IS ACUTALLLY CAPABLE IS NOW NOT SHOWN AS NOT... PLEASE DO FIND ME A SOLUTION ... 

MY SYSTEM IS LENOVO Z50-70 WITH INTEL CORE I5 4210U; 1TB HDD; 2GB NVIDIA 840M ;WINDOWS 8.1

Should'nt this be referred in the Linux forum? Or you can also visit other Linux site about this problem.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,562
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

If I'm reading this correctly the Xella is running Windows 8.1 with VMWare installed as an application.  VMWare is complaining about Vt being OFF.

@Xella, did you change anything else after enabling Vt - like installing/enabling Microsoft Hyper-V?  Hyper-V will mask Vt for other applications.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

stevepa
Token Ring
Views: 2,513
Message 4 of 8

Can you check in the BIOS to see if it is still enabled?  It sounds like it may not have saved it properly or otherwise has reset.

Xella
Paper Tape
Views: 2,466
Message 5 of 8

I have checked the settings in the bios .. VT is Enabled in there .. but when i run my os it shows in the task manager as VT not capable

Xella
Paper Tape
Views: 2,464
Message 6 of 8

i have not installed anything after the Vmware.... but if what u say is the reason then please tell how to disable the Hyper V and renable the VT in my pc

Xella
Paper Tape
Views: 2,461
Message 7 of 8

this is what i get in task-manager after i disable the VT in my bios...Screenshot (4a.jpg

Xella
Paper Tape
Views: 2,425
Message 8 of 8

Guys i think i have found some useful info... MY laptop ran into a blue screen when i tried running the vm player to run ubuntu on it... the blue screen message was "DREVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION".............further more... i experimented with my laptop and found that ......... DISABLING THE FASTBOOT IN MY WINDOWS 8.1 PRO enabled the VT each time i started up my machine.... but same is not the case with my windows... with enabled FASTBOOT ... i dont know but enabling the fastboot somehow leaves my "VT tech : not capable " status inmy task manager and further not being able to use my VMware or player... so please kindly suggest me a solution which involves an ENABLED FASTBOOT along which i can get my VT-TECh enabled at every boot of my windows.......

waiting for replies.................................... Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors