Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felixthemighty
Paper Tape
Views: 765
Message 1 of 1

Intel Virtualization Technology ~urgent

Hey all,

I just wondering, do you all have activated the " Intel Virtualization Technology" ? on ideapad ? since I can't use vmware and the root cause maybe from there. I wanna install 64-bit OS on OS guest into vmware workstation 6.04. And it's says that the host CPU is not cappable running 64-bit virtual machine. So I search the error on vmware and they say like this "Intel CPUs require EM64T and VT support in the chip and in the BIOS."

Well I'm quite sure my chipset is EM64T because i using Y450 on P7550 platform, so and then I see they(vmware) write "Firmware/BIOS support is required to enable Intel Virtualization Technology. Some systems (particularly laptops) do not have the necessary firmware/BIOS support to enable Intel Virtualization Technology, and cannot run 64bit guest operating systems."

So know i'm very confuse how to activate this Intel Virtualization Technology, since my BIOS only can set wireless LAN, start up, and time... LOL Are there any upgrade on Ideapad to activate this thing ?

Thanks & kindly regards,

George Felix

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors