10-09-2019

PL

2 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 4

Internet dropping off every few minutes (y50-70(

2019-10-09, 20:16 PM

Hi there, recently my computer tends to drop internet quite often. After using troubleshooter tool it will connect again, however sometimes it will work for an hour and sometimes for 3 minutes before it drops again. Messages that keep popping up are either "default gateway not available" or "problem with wireless adapter". How can I fix it? It is especially annoying since I use Skype a lot. 

Also maybe it is unrelated but my computer will switch off randomly from time to time. Any suggestions why it does that?

Lenovo Y50-70

16gb RAM

Windows 10

Intel i7 2,60 ghz 

no pen and touch display

Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Views: 12767
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet dropping off every few minutes (y50-70(

2019-12-06, 16:16 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums !

Sorry for the delayed response, just joined here recently and noticed your post.

If I may ask, does this also happens when you connect the Y50-70 laptop to a different WiFi connection?

It would be suggested to connect the device into a different connection for us to identify if it's an issue with the laptop's wireless card/driver or with the Internet hardware (router/modem) that you're using.

As for the random shut down issue:

• Does this happens when the laptop is plugged to the adapter?

You can try updating the device's BIOS version through this link.

Let us know what will happen, will be waiting for your response.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

10-09-2019

PL

2 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-12-06, 16:36 PM

Since it's been some time I did some tinkering and I realized that there must be some issue with the network adapter. I bougth an USB stick style network adapter and ever since my internet has been working without an issue. (However, I treat this as a temporary solution). 
As for the shut down I think it was the case of overheating (using Adobe software when in my bed and limited airflow around my lamptop) I have also reset to factory settings my computer and this issue stopped. 

So I guess coming back to internet issue, how do I fix my network adapter? 

Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Views: 12767
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-12-06, 16:51 PM

Hello again !

Thanks for the immediate response. 

It's nice to know that the random shut down issue has been sorted out now.

Going back to the Intermittent WiFi issue, you can try updating your device's network/wireless driver first through this link.

Once updated, restart the laptop and check/observe if it will get disconnected from the WiFi/Internet again.

Should it happen again, you can also re-seat (remove and plug) the laptop's wireless card.

Please see/check page 43 of your device's hardware maintenance manual to see the steps on how it can be done.

And you can also check page 91 on that same manual to get the part number that you can use to replace the wireless card if in case the steps won't work as it may seem to be a possible wireless card (hardware) issue.

Update us on how it will go through.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete