Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EPICCOOLJAKE111
What's DOS?
Views: 968
Message 1 of 4

Is it possible to replace or add a extra graphics card on a Lenovo Z585

I Bought a Lenovo Z585 recenly from here  http://www.frys.com/product/7412985?site=srSmiley FrustratedEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

and i wanted to know if i could replace or override the current one with a new one. if it is possible can some one give me a link to a good gaming chip. Thanks!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 922
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is it possible to replace or add a extra graphics card on a Lenovo Z585

Hi
The Gpu is soldered to the mainboard and can't be replaced by a new one. It is the same in most laptop's, except the one's with ultrabay which sadly, Z585 doesn't have. You will have to change the mainboard to change the gpu and that too with the same one.
Hope this Helps
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
EPICCOOLJAKE111
What's DOS?
Views: 904
Message 3 of 4

Ok Thanks For The help

@ishaan wrote:
Hi
The Gpu is soldered to the mainboard and can't be replaced by a new one. It is the same in most laptop's, except the one's with ultrabay which sadly, Z585 doesn't have. You will have to change the mainboard to change the gpu and that too with the same one.
Hope this Helps
Regards

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 857
Message 4 of 4

Your welcome mate!
Glad to help you
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors