cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valker
Paper Tape
Views: 1,332
Message 1 of 3

Is there a Caps Lock display? What does it look like?

Hello, 

I'm currently shopping for a notebook. I stopped by a local retailer to check out the IdeaPad Z580, but there is no indication if the CAPS LOCK is on or off. 

There is no keyboard LED light (which I would prefer), and there was no onscreen display.

I then stopped by another retail outlet, and checked out the Lenovo there also, again no indication if the CAPS LOCK is on or off.

I noticed in the download/driver section there is a driver for CAPS LOCK / NUM LOCK on-screen-display

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS028421

Not sure why the in-store Z580 displays didn't work; maybe because they where running Windows 8?

My Samsung laptop (stolen) had an on-screen caps lock display, but the icon was very cartoonish and should I say... stupid looking. What does Lenovo's CAPS LOCK and NUM LOCK indicator look like?

Valker
Paper Tape
Views: 1,312
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is there a Caps Lock display? What does it look like?

Lenovo Solution Center for Windows 8

How nice that the Essiantials Lenovo G580 gets this suit, but the IdeaPad Z580 doesn't.

I guess Lenovo just slapped installed Windows 8 into the IdeaPad, and shipped them off to consumers/retailers? 

Man, I really wanted to purchase this notebook Smiley Sad Guess I will just keep looking

Valker
Paper Tape
Views: 1,271
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is there a Caps Lock display? What does it look like?

I ended up buying an HP!! If Lenovo fixed their on-screen indicator for Windows 8, they would have gained me as a customer.

Very happy with the HP.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors