cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aerodamus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,170
Message 1 of 7

Is this RAM compatible with the IdeaPad Z575?

Yesterday afternoon I purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad Z575 for $499.00 from this link: [url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246328[/url]

Obviously, it hasn't come in the mail yet. I'm looking to upgrade the RAM in the laptop. It comes with 6gb of RAM, a 4gb stick and a 2gb stick. The problem is, I don't really know what kind of RAM is in the computer. I'm looking to replace the 2gb stick with a second 4gb stick.

The type of RAM the laptop uses is pc3-10600 1333mhz ddr3, non-parity, dual-channel capable, two 204-pin so-dimm socket RAM.

My question is whether or not this RAM is compatible with the laptop: [url]http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-Extreme-MV-3T4G3-US/dp/B00591ZYX8[/url]

Also, if there is a better option for RAM for this laptop, I'd like to know.

opticstang
Paper Tape
Views: 4,140
Message 2 of 7

Re: Is this RAM compatible with the IdeaPad Z575?

yes that ram will work. also if you ever want to check compatability you should visit crucial.com its a great reference on many memory upgrades.

velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 4,116
Message 3 of 7

@Aerodamus wrote:

You may or may not be interested to know that some ppl have posted that they have been able to install 16 GB of ram 8 GB x 2 for a Lenovo systems similar to yours, which if you search ram sites like these two CompuRam or Speicherbauer you'll see that they both guarantee these specs.
In addition
You need to be running a 64 bit system of course.

samsungu6000
Core Memory
Views: 4,110
Message 4 of 7

y suggest from my experience and other buyers that use only corsair memory ddr3 -1333mhz max to 2x4gb.alot of people both from kingston and other firms and had alot of bsod because of it.be carefull

Aerodamus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,086
Message 5 of 7

@opticstang wrote:

yes that ram will work. also if you ever want to check compatability you should visit crucial.com its a great reference on many memory upgrades.

Thanks, that was by far the quickest way to check whether or nto the RAM was compatible. Bookmarked that site.

Highlighted
Aerodamus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,084
Message 6 of 7

@velenoso666 wrote:

@Aerodamus wrote:

You may or may not be interested to know that some ppl have posted that they have been able to install 16 GB of ram 8 GB x 2 for a Lenovo systems similar to yours, which if you search ram sites like these two CompuRam or Speicherbauer you'll see that they both guarantee these specs.
In addition
You need to be running a 64 bit system of course.

I would never need 16gb of RAM on a $500 laptop though. 8gb is even pushing excessive. I really only want 8gb of RAM for the e-peen.

velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 4,074
Message 7 of 7

@Aerodamus wrote:

I would never need 16gb of RAM on a $500 laptop though. 8gb is even pushing excessive. I really only want 8gb of RAM for the e-peen.

Well I'm guessing there would be some out there with a Z575 that would have use for it or those trying to sell it wouldn't be bothered advertising, plus I did say "You may or may not be interested".

And FYI I can't see the need for many to be using 16 GB of ram who own $2000 laptop, yet some are running 24 GB of ram!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors