Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linezas
Paper Tape
Views: 2,122
Message 1 of 9

It takes long time to boot bios

So I got lenovo y50-70 for about a year and like 4 months ago I have noticed that it takes longer and longer to boot my computer. In these few months the time that my computer needs to boot till bios has increased from less then a minute to more then an hour. I have updated my windows from windows 8 to windows 10 thinking that it might fix something but it didnt. I have tried to turn on hybernation but it didnt make any differences at all. This problem only appears when I am trying to turn my computer on (if I left it sleeping or turned it off it acts normal). When I am waiting for it to boot up it makes sounds and my keyboards is glowing as usual and that's all rest of my computer acts like it is turned off and stays like this till my screen turns on and lenovo logo appears.

Guru
Views: 2,069
Message 2 of 9

Re: It takes long time to boot bios

So are you saying that this happens only when you put your laptop to sleep?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Inhuman
What's DOS?
Views: 1,801
Message 3 of 9

I have the same problem!

Did you fix it?

Inhuman
What's DOS?
Views: 1,800
Message 4 of 9

Happens at restart, blank screen, clucking noise and takes longer and longer to boot.
subset
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,784
Message 5 of 9

I forget which menu it's under, but if you hit Windows + X then select administration (I think) then select system information you should be able to look through the current state of your hardware. You can also try 'computer management' to enter a different boot process, but I don't know if you would want to mess with that. Do you know if the PC takes as long to boot if you boot into safe mode? If you hold down shift, then select restart while holding shift, you should be given an advanced menu that will allow you to boot into safe mode - assuming you have windows 10(?)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,782
Message 6 of 9

Run crystaldiskinfo (freeware) to see if the disk is having problems.  Look in the BIOS to see the boot order.  Is there anything above the HDD?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Inhuman
What's DOS?
Views: 1,759
Message 7 of 9

Yes subset, I am running win 10. I tried booting into safemode but same behaviour, I mean things happen before getting to the safe mode menu, its already booted and it doesn't restart so I can't check any differencies.

The randomness is what boggles me. So sometimes I turn it off, and turn it back on after 1 min, and the noise takes longer than after a restart. And sometimes I turn it off, leave it a minute or 3 and it turns right back on, no noise, no stuttering. Could it be something related to the motherboard and temperature?

Inhuman
What's DOS?
Views: 1,757
Message 8 of 9

Hey richk, I ran crystaldiskinfo, seems to be ok.

Inhuman
What's DOS?
Views: 1,755
Message 9 of 9

Also chck BIOS, nothing above HDD:

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors