12-08-2018 09:06 AM
When put earphone audio jack notebook dont close the UBL sound and now earphone dont play music.
I think is a driver problem. But for Lenovo Z510 last driver is of 02 Jul 2015...when exist only Windows 8, not Windows 10 installed now on notebook.
Maybe problem is do by nvidia driver that put new audio driver (i have try do uninstal, never change) or windows 10 upgrade.
Think there are a new driver upgrade to make? inside realtek website dont see driver upgrade pack. Find audio driver only inside Lenovo support website.
Or simple the problem is do by hardware earphone jack that is broke. If this can substitute?
12-19-2018 02:00 PM
Hi Merovingi0! Welcome to our forums community. Was there any recent changes made or any updates installed before the issue arise? Have you tried using a different headphones? How about the speakers, does it work?
If you're running Windows 10, try running the update from Lenovo Vantage app. You may download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv#activetab=pivotverviewtab.
12-22-2018 03:48 PM
Thanks for reply.
1) dont change hearphone... used it from years without problem. I try also other headphone.
2) maybe there are windows 10 upgrade installed before problem. Not sure with WIN10 becouse see nothing differently from Windows XP that ask when install.
3) Check update on Lenovo Vantage found nothing other update. Last Sound driver of Lenovo for Ideapad Z510 are from 2015 when WIN10 not exist.
1. Check if there is speaker icon at system tray, volume is not muted.
2. Check the Playback Devices under Sound Properties (by going to Control Panel (large icon view) -> Sound -> Playback Devices) and see if the Headphone is being set as the default playback device. If not, click on it and set it as the default playback device. If problem still exists, proceed to step 3.
3. Download and update audio driver from support website and check fixed or not.
4. Connect an earphone or external speaker to audio jack, is there sound from the audio jack? If yes, speaker hardware defective should be considered. Suggest contact service center to perform further diagnosis.
5. If problem still exists, hardware defective should be considered. Please contact service center for assistance.
1) not this
2) is set like default but if ear sound i eat it from headphone and notebook speaker
3) last driver on support are of 2015