Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mukesh1967
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,771
Message 1 of 12

LENOVO IDEAPAD Z510 BATTERY PROBLEM

i have bought Z510 one year back,within this short time i am facing battery problem.Battery is not charging and the system to be keep in plugged condition at every use.

I am a home user and use laptop for limited time.I dont understand why lenova has not provided detachable battery which can be change by user only.

Now new battery is not available in the market ,moreover Lenova is simply shedding their responsibility by saying Laptop in not under warranty.

I request Lenovo to go for root cause analysis of this problem as hundreds of people are facing same problem in this model.

Hope Lenovo would provide some software for attending the problem or atleast give the details of service provider from where battery can be repaired/replaced.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,748
Message 2 of 12

Re: LENOVO IDEAPAD Z510 BATTERY PROBLEM

Hi Mukesh1967,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with battery in your Lenovo Z510 laptop.

Try to perform the battery gauge reset, to perform the gauge reset go to energy manager and select the maintenance and guide and select gauge reset option and check if the battery charges.

Also uninstall the ACPI, to uninstall go to device manager select batteries option and right click on the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery and select uninstall and restart the machine and check for the issue.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

wakoko79
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,729
Message 3 of 12

Mukesh1967,
Do not, I repeat: DO NOT perform a gauge reset. It will cause further harm, there is a long thread about this problem somewhere here, and the mods stopped finding AN ACTUAL SOLUTION (read: release drivers or a manual reset gauge for the battery controller).
The temporary solution is to shutdown the laptop > boot to BIOS > remove reconnect remove reconnect power adapter > exit BIOS to normal boot > leave power connected to charge it
Evidently Ashwin_Lenovo still has no idea how to fix this definitively, it is very evident in his 'advice' reply, the generic reply which actually don't work. I lost all hope in resetting the gauge of this freaking laptop, but at least it works now and it is not throttling @ 0.77GHz.
I'm actually trying to sell or swap this laptop though I know nobody will take it.
I'll never buy from Lenovo again, Asus ROG seems good. Just stay away from this brand. It's customer support reeks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z510-Battery-Issues/td-p/2040767/page/21

Mukesh1967
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,700
Message 4 of 12

Dear Ashwin,

I have followed your advice,results are as follow.

a)Regarding Battery Gauge reset,process continued for more than 08 hours but reset did not take place.

b)Regarding uninstalling  the ACP,procedure followed as advice but no positive result.

Please give further advice for solving the problem.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,678
Message 5 of 12

Hi Mukesh1967,

Try to reinstall the energy manager and check for the issue.

Click here for the energy manager for windows 7.

Click here for the energy manager for windows 8.

Click here for the energy manager for windows 8.1.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Mukesh1967
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,659
Message 6 of 12

Dear Ashwin_Lenovo, I have followed your advice and uninstalled the energy manager and reinstall it but there was not any positive result.Battery still shows 0% available and system is to be kept in plugged condition. Please help.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,631
Message 7 of 12

Hi Mukesh1967,

As this could be issue with the battery please visit the nearest authorised service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards, Hope this helps.     

Ashwin.S

Former Employee
Views: 1,487
Message 8 of 12

In response to customer reports of unexpected issues with battery performance on Z500 and Z510 laptops, Lenovo is making a battery firmware update available via download from the Lenovo Forums.

This battery firmware is intended to resolve the following unexpected charging symptoms when a Z500 or Z510 laptop is powered on:

• Battery is dead
  • Battery is not detected
  • Battery is detected and charged to 100% but when AC power is removed, the laptop immediately powers off
  • When the battery is fully charged and AC power is removed, battery level falls dramatically within 10 minutes

Please note a step-by-step procedure for upgrading the firmware is included in the .zip file, found in the "ReadMe" folder.

The battery firmware update can be downloaded here: https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/z500_z510_battery_firmware_update.zip

Thank you,

Mukesh1967
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,423
Message 9 of 12

Thanks for making a battery firmware update available via download from the Lenovo Forums for Z510 .I was facing the battery problem for more then a six months.

Congratulations and thanks to the entire Lenovo team for solving this problem.

Mukesh Shrivastava.

ohitsNinns
What's DOS?
Views: 1,236
Message 10 of 12

Hi I am currently experiencing awful battery problems. My battery life is normally no issue, but suddenly today I've tried to charge my laptop and it won't charge at all. Because of this the battery is now dead and I cannot download the battery firmware. Please help me sort this problem! 

Top Kudoed Authors