Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dholdencsr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,976
Message 31 of 59

Re: LENOVO P500 BRIGHTNESS ISSUE!

What worked for me is going to device manager and clicking on Uninstall Driver and checking the box that says remove the software for this driver, then rebooted, and after I entered my password and signed on it was immediately fixed.  I almost sent my laptop off for two weeks to Lenovo via Best Buy to get it fixed...whew!!!

Kristen
What's DOS?
Views: 3,964
Message 32 of 59

Which one? My computer will not allow me to roll back files. I also tried to update the drivers insteadt, but they are up to date. I think the only way for me to get the correct driver would be to install it specifically, so could you tell me which one it is?

cactusmom
What's DOS?
Views: 3,766
Message 33 of 59

Smiley Very HappyThank you, thank you!  I have been trying to fix this since Christmas!!! I have downloaded drivers, corrected settings, done a restore, and tried to call Microsoft(what a waste) and finally i read your solution and tried it, worked instantly. So thankful for the support.

dholdencsr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,753
Message 34 of 59

I am so glad it helped.  What a joke to think I thought I had to send it in to Lenovo to fix something that was not even broken.  S C A R Y!!!  Smiley Happy

jclare72
What's DOS?
Views: 3,732
Message 35 of 59

Re: LENOVO P500 BRIGHTNESS ISSUE! (FIXED)

After a few days of careful research I went to the lenovo website

http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032589

and downloaded the original Ideapad P500 driver under the Display and Video Graphics section: 

Intel Video Driver for Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Notebook

Version

: 9.17.10.2932

Intel Video Driver for 32-bit Windows   
 Intel Video Driver for 64-bit Windows   

Once I installed and rebooted my system my F11/F12 keys were functional.  The WIN 8.1 drivers seem to cause them to malfuntion.

Recommend as users continue save the original driver to a backup folder and if the issue returns after periodic software updates reinstall the drivers again.  If the issue continues it may be more than a driver issue i.e (hardware, inverter etc.)

V/R 

Jermaine

dholdencsr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,714
Message 36 of 59

Re: LENOVO P500 BRIGHTNESS ISSUE! (FIXED)

awesome. thank you tons.
nicholasmatthew
What's DOS?
Views: 3,570
Message 37 of 59

I had the same problem with my Lenovo P500 I've had for about a year. I found the solution and fixed the same problem about 3 months ago. 

Here's the problem - About every two hours my computer will go back to the new update and goes either all the way bright or dim. I think go through the process of reverting back to the old driver. 

This goes on every day and it's deiving me nuts.

Do you have a solution?

Thanks for your time.

Nick

dholdencsr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,527
Message 38 of 59

Go to device manager and make SURE you click on display adapters, then right click on Intel HD graphics 4000, or whatever firmware your computer is using, and uninstall it...it will warn you about what you are doing but tell it to do it...then restart your laptop and you should be golden...the warning is that you can't change the brightness AT ALL any more or it reverts back to dark and you have to perform the same thing all over again.
Let me know if this does not work, please.

Warm regards,

smirk06
What's DOS?
Views: 3,002
Message 39 of 59

Re: LENOVO P500 BRIGHTNESS ISSUE!http://blog.lenovo.com/

Thank you for   sharing the link  to Lenovo support. I downloaded  the older  Display and Video Graphics driver and it worked like a charm!

sandeepkhanal
Paper Tape
Views: 2,961
Message 40 of 59

Rolling back the driver's version fixes the brightness issue, but with that, I've another another problem on my computer. PC games like Battlefield 4 requires the latest drivers installed. After installing the game, the game doesn't runs because the latest driver is not on the PC. Again, if I install the latest driver to run the game, brightness issue arises. Any solutions?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors