Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikio
What's DOS?
Views: 3,282
Message 51 of 59

Re: LENOVO P500 BRIGHTNESS ISSUE!

Friday I was simply messing around and touched the f11 and my screen immediately went much darker.  Just read your tip, tried it and it worked..   Hit restart, the screen goes dark...wait a few seconds and then start tapping f12 like crazy and be patient.  When the screen reappeared it was normal again.  Good tip!  8/10/2015.

mremerick
Paper Tape
Views: 3,090
Message 52 of 59

After doing a clean install of Windows 10 and having the same issue I wanted to confirm for anyone who might be reading this thread that the Windows 8 driver (64-bit) version 9.17.10.2932 resolves the issue on Windows 10.

Available here:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-p-series-laptops/ideapad-p500-...

drjovica
Paper Tape
Views: 3,058
Message 53 of 59

After doing a clean install of Windows 10 and having the same issue I wanted to confirm for anyone who might be reading this thread that the Windows 8 driver (64-bit) version 9.17.10.2932 resolves the issue on Windows 10.

________________________________________________________________________________________

It's true! I'm convinced the right to work without any problems.

Thank you!!!

MLakose
What's DOS?
Views: 2,857
Message 54 of 59

So I have had this problem in the past and fixed it using this method. This time I am a little stuck. I forgot about this forum and factory reset my computer instead. So when I go to roll back the driver there is nothing to roll back to. Any idea how to fix this one?

Bsamar
What's DOS?
Views: 2,610
Message 55 of 59

Thanks. This helped me.
ctucson
What's DOS?
Views: 2,453
Message 56 of 59

This still works!! I too have Windows 10.  Like previous people, I took it to Best Buy, but was reluctant to send my computer off for two weeks. found this fix at the last minute and it saved me. Use the posted link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-p-series-laptops/ideapad-p500-...

(If it doesn't work, use one from previous post.)

Two options came up, issued on the same date. I chose the first one (because I figured the one with 14 was later than the one with 13 - a high tech answer, I know) and it worked easily.

Thank goodness for forums like this.

Erich5
What's DOS?
Views: 1,674
Message 57 of 59

Thanks for the great advice. This is the third time this happened to me. I now live far away from a Best Buy location, so I had to fix it myself (with your help). Just to add one possible wrinkle. The roll back driver tab was "greyed out" on my machine which runs on windows 10. I first had to click on the tab above to select a driver. After I selected Intel(R) Graphics 4000, Date 6/27/2013, Driver Version 9.17.10.3223 I had the option of installing this driver and BINGO it solved the brightness problem!!!
alexoshurkov
What's DOS?
Views: 1,623
Message 58 of 59

Hi everybody,

There is another solution works for me. I have Intel and Nvidia quadro m1000m on my P50 Lenovo. I just turned Intel card off in laptop's BIOS configuration and use Nvidia card only. Besides of power consumtion and other similar conerns it works just fine, so no need to rollback drivers or whatever.

P.S. I'm sorry I missed that this topic for the P500 not for P50 Lenovo, but maybe turnoing the Intel adapter off can help in case your laptop has two of video adapters.

cottagefarmer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,224
Message 59 of 59

The advice given my ctucson worked like a champ. I too have Windows 10 on a P500. The screen went dim and the first file you see from his link: http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-p-series-laptops/ideapad-p500-...

Note - no worries, it says Windows 8 but it still worked fine on Windows 10.

did the trick. I have a "how to" folder where I'll add that file and this info. What a pain this has been over the years.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors