Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icemushi11
What's DOS?
Views: 450
Message 1 of 5

LENOVO SPEAKER PROBLEM

I bought the lenovo y500 in may and for the longest time have no issues with the laptop. Recently i've been getting this weird humming/buzzing sound from my speakers with or without headsets on. Its not the headsets because i've tried them on a seperate computer and they work perfectly fine. The buzzing/humming noise is starting to get very iritating when playing games that require sound whoring such as cs go. Please need help!!! 

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 438
Message 2 of 5

Re: LENOVO SPEAKER PROBLEM

Is your OS preinstalled? If it's a preinstalled OS I recomand to do a backup and try OKR (One Key Recovery). It will bring your laptop to factory default.
icemushi11
What's DOS?
Views: 420
Message 3 of 5

os? are you talking about the Operating system and how would i do the one key recovery?

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 407
Message 4 of 5

Yes icemushi11, OS as Operating System. If you have OEM (pre-installed) Operating System you can back-up your data and try OKR (One Key Recovery). BE ADVISED that after this procedure, the ENTIRE HDD will be erased and that the charger must be plugged in the laptop.

Just press the Novo button, (button no. 1) let it boot to OKR and then folllow the onscreen instruction.

OKR button

If this won't resolve the issue then I advise you to call Lenovo Call Center and send it to service.

icemushi11
What's DOS?
Views: 389
Message 5 of 5

no it didnt work, should i call lenovo support? How much would the repair cost

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors