Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robboz71
What's DOS?
Views: 2,540
Message 1 of 2

LENOVO Y510 BIOS PASSWORD PROBLEM

I recently bought a lenovo y510 notebook that has returned for repair,the problem is there is a bio password on it,i took it back to where i bought it and they couldnt help me so they sent it to sydney which took weeks and they couldnt do anything either and wanted me to pay$80 to send it to china!! to have the bios password removed that noone had set. I didnt set a bios password and noone else seems to know either.. Is there anything i can do to remove or reset this bios password? I have been given a couple of passwords from the place of purchase,these are "administrator" and "DSE232"  neither of which work!.

Please anyone?? Smiley Indifferent

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,526
Message 2 of 2

Re: LENOVO Y510 BIOS PASSWORD PROBLEM

robboz71, welcome to the forum,

as you have been doing, you need to find a solution with your reseller and or Lenovo support. I'm sorry; this subject is not allowed to be discussed here as stated in the forum rules - Thread locked

No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc, nor shall any posts provide descriptions to the location of, nor direct links to content related to these topics.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors