Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karol5
Punch Card
Views: 972
Message 1 of 10

LENOVO Z51 GPU problem

Hi Guys!

I have problem, second time, last time 1yr ago with my GPU (AMD Radeon R9 M375).
not always but often:
-Blue Screen Memory Management Error
-error 43
-crash system
 Last time i get in warranty and they fix it, they told me - was problem with GPU Drivers. ok.
Now i have same symptoms and i try everythink, i mean:
-upgrade drivers
-downgrade drivers
-diagnost memory control
-back to factory settings
 and nothing.

Can u help me with this? any advice?
My warranty has ended so i dont wanna get to service for this moment, maybe i can fix this alone with your help.
Z51-70
Machine Type Model: 80K600P8PB
2x GPU
Intel HD graphics 5500
and
AMD Radeon R9 M375

thx!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 965
Message 2 of 10

Re: LENOVO Z51 GPU problem

What version of Windows are you running?

Also, can you locate the C:\Winodws\MEMORY.DMP file that should have been created by the BSOD and upload it to Microsoft's OneDrive etc. so it can be viewed?

The .dmp file should show what caused the BSOD and help point you to a solution.

Cheers,

Karol5
Punch Card
Views: 957
Message 3 of 10

can i send u wetransfer?
somethink is wrong with my OneDrive Smiley Wink
Karol5
Punch Card
Views: 949
Message 4 of 10

im sorry but my one drive is not loading (stuck on "loading"

i send file on wetransfer if its ok for u, this is link:

https://we.tl/ahUPE2Xcqv

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 913
Message 5 of 10

I got it, thanks,    I will take a look and let you know what I find.

Karol5
Punch Card
Views: 910
Message 6 of 10

thank you Smiley Happy
Karol5
Punch Card
Views: 868
Message 7 of 10

Hey! You find Something? 

Karol5
Punch Card
Views: 810
Message 8 of 10

oh god! thx JD! u are really helpful!

i appreciate it.

and stop waste time other people....

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 802
Message 9 of 10

Hi Karol

I am sorry for not getting back sooner, I had to go out of town and kind of forgot to get back to you, so my apologies.

The only thing showing in the .dmp file was an error related to dxgmms2.sys, which is Windows file that updated with Windows itself, but the Memory Management Error does usually point to driver issues.    There was nothing in the .dmp file pointing to a specific video card drivers, to it did not point to a culprit.

I know you said you have tried the latest drivers, but if you have only used those from Lenovo, I would recommend that you try using the latest driver Intel HD graphics 5500 driver from intel (Driver Version: 15.40.37.4835), which was released on October 26th 2017 and appears to be newer than the one available on Lenovo's site, which was released on May 25th, 2017. 

To install the latest driver from Intel, you will need to download the .zip version of the 64-bit driver for Windows 10 found here, and then follow these instructions to manually install the driver to get around the OEM check that will happen if you try to used the .exe installer.

I would also use the latest driver from AMD found here (the AMD Minimal Setup is OK) if you are not using it already as well since it is also newer than the one currently provided by Lenovo..

Prior to installing the latest drivers, you should probably make a System Restore Point, and then use Device Manager to uninstall the current video cards/drivers, making sure to check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device" when doing so.   Also make sure to uninstall any previously installed AMD or Intel graphics related software from the Programs and Features control panel as well.     Then install the Intel Driver first, and then follow it by installing the latest AMD driver.

If you still see the problem, please provide some details on when exactly the problem occurs, and what you are doing at the time, such as resuming from sleep, or running a specific application etc. as it may help point to the problem.    Also if you have had any more recent BSOD's, please upload the latest .dmp as it might contain more data.

Cheers,

Karol5
Punch Card
Views: 788
Message 10 of 10

hi!

Sorry for be rude, but im little frustrated becouse nobody respond me, including service lenovo.

Im sorry again, its not your fault Smiley Wink

Thx for help, i check and try your advice.

cheers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors