Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VENDETTA1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,248
Message 1 of 6

LENOVO Z510 BATTERY REPLACEMENT

I have a lenovo z510 which i bought just 1 year back and my warranty is expired..now i have to change my battery but customer representative are saying that they cant do anything as warranty is expired..and they gave local lenovo shop no to contact and replace the battery..but they are saying this model battery is not available..you have to wait..even they dont know if this model battery will available or not..this is very dissapointing..if anyone know how to get and replace the battery please do inform me...my contact details

Admin edit; personal information edited to avoid abuse

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,205
Message 2 of 6

Re: LENOVO Z510 BATTERY REPLACEMENT

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

If the battery is no longer available from Lenovo then I would suggest you search the Internet for sellers in your country that still offer this battery for sale.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

VENDETTA1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,193
Message 3 of 6

But it has inbuilt battery..so local vendor don't sell it..now u tell..and another problem is..battery is at 0% always while plugged in..and so the CPU is stuck at 0.77 GHz..I tried uninstalling and disabling battery driver..that works for a while..after that again it goes to 0.77 GHz..
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,179
Message 4 of 6

When you reinstall the battery driver (Lenovo Energy Management Driver) does the battery start charging back to 100%.  If so, try uninstalling the battery driver, reboot the computer and then install a new copy of the driver.

The CPU may be stuck at .77% due to the battery being dead at 0%.  Some laptops throttle back the CPU when there isn't a working battery installed.  This throttling reduces the power consumption demand of the charger / adapter.

Yes, your battery is inside the laptop.  If you can find a replacement then you will have to remove the back cover to replace it or pay the local vendor to replace it for you.  Page #44 of your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual will explain how to replace the battery.  Here is a link to that manual for your reference.....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_z410z510z510touch_hmm.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Former Employee
Views: 2,261
Message 5 of 6

In response to customer reports of unexpected issues with battery performance on Z500 and Z510 laptops, Lenovo is making a battery firmware update available via download from the Lenovo Forums.

This battery firmware is intended to resolve the following unexpected charging symptoms when a Z500 or Z510 laptop is powered on:

• Battery is dead
  • Battery is not detected
  • Battery is detected and charged to 100% but when AC power is removed, the laptop immediately powers off
  • When the battery is fully charged and AC power is removed, battery level falls dramatically within 10 minutes

Please note a step-by-step procedure for upgrading the firmware is included in the .zip file, found in the "ReadMe" folder.

The battery firmware update can be downloaded here: https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/z500_z510_battery_firmware_update.zip

Thank you,

jules90f
What's DOS?
Views: 1,438
Message 6 of 6

This didn't work for me. I get a "There are no attached batteries that require a firmware update" message when I ran it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors