Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
regancharles17
Paper Tape
Views: 993
Message 1 of 3

LENOVO Z570 shuts down abruptly

Lenovo Z570 shuts down

Hi all, I have a Z570 2nd Gen Core i5 laptop, 2 gb Nvidia graphics.  I bought in April of 2012, and its begun to frequently (multiple times per day) shut down unexpectedly.  It happens abrubtly.. and does not start for some time.  

Its not related to overheating...its sitting on a wood table so the vents are clear. And we could be doing something as simple as typing an email or browsing the web when it will just shut down...like someone suddenly pulled the plug and the battery at the same time. 

Please help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 969
Message 2 of 3

Re: LENOVO Z570 shuts down abruptly

Hi Regancharles17,                           

Welcome to Lenovo Community!                     

As per the query we understood that you are facing the issue with auto shut down in your Lenovo Z570.

Try to perform the power drain by removing the external devices connected to the system, even the adapter and battery. Now shutdown the system and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and check for the issue.

Try to boot the system to safe mode and check for the issue.

Also to check in BIOS for 15-20 minutes if the system shutdowns. If still the issue persists then try to update the BIOS to the latest version and check for the issue.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries. 

Best regards,                       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
svanox
Paper Tape
Views: 768
Message 3 of 3

Re: LENOVO Z570 shuts down abruptly

I had the same issue. mine z570 is with i5 cpu, 8gb ram, nvidia 2 gb gpu, and win 7 os. read all the forums/sites, did almost all the suggestions before going mad. nothing worked. it was not having the problem on safe mode tho. interesting! when I tried to use it normally, after a while a shut down snap voice and black screen and silence.. so I installed ubuntu lastly. even it didnt help. I was shocked. I have always been a linux guy, but I bought this laptop with windows 7 pre-installed on it. so I gave a shot. it's hundred plus bucks worth, right? and before this laptop, whenever windows screwed up somewhere, linux saved me. it is bc I was shocked when even linux did not help in this case. so I was sure this was not smt with software. sht! that's not good. where was my fckn screwdriver?

so I watched youtube videos for z570 disassembly to get an idea about what could be possibly wrong. decided to give a shot for over heating. so I removed the fan over the cpu and gpu. witnessed that thermal paste melted all over them, not only the metallic part. It was first time I did smt like this. I mean I have an average tech knowledge, and I am not even sure if it was supposed to be melted all over like that. it just felt wrong. so I bought a thermal paste, arctic silver brand if it matters btw, and replaced it.

Voilà. I have been using it for a while now and so far so good. lets see if it works. i will post again, if it shuts down again. 

edit: yeah, it shut down again. hang on pretty good this time tho. idk what else to do. i think its over. time to move on..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors