cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dokken2x
Fanfold Paper
Views: 312,845
Message 1 of 19

Laptop Won't Boot (BLACK SCREEN, NO BIOS ACCES, NO SAFE MODE) SOLVED!!!!!

My laptop wont boot (It does turn on, but only shows a completely black screen) after enabling Virtual Technology on the BIOS, keyboard wont respond (bloq mayus led wont turn on either), also Ive installed Lucidlogix virtu mvp mobile a few minutes before getting the black screen, but i dont think the problem is there because i did a succesful reboot after the installation. 

Specs:
Lenovo IdeaPad Z400 (GT740m edition)

GT740m - Intel HD 4000 (both with latets drivers)

Intel I3 3110m

4GB ram

Windows 8.1

I CANT ACCESS TO SAFE BOOT OR BIOS, since the keyboard wont respond
I tried: shift + f8 
f8
esc
supr
space
f2

recovery button

almost every key in my laptop

dokken2x
Fanfold Paper
Views: 312,165
Message 2 of 19

Re: Laptop Wont Boot (BLACK SCREEN) after enabling "Intel virtual technology" HELP

Maybe reseting the BIOS would help, but the Z400 has an integrated battery so I cant do the battery removal reset trick, is there another way to reset BIOS on the IdeaPad z400?

Highlighted
dokken2x
Fanfold Paper
Views: 313,137
Message 3 of 19

Re: Laptop Wont Boot (BLACK SCREEN) after enabling "Intel virtual technology" HELP

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!

THE PROBLEM:
The problem wasn't intel virtual technology, the problemas was Lucidlogix's virtu mvp, because this software unlocks your BIOS and let you change stuff you shouldn't change, corrupting the BIOS

THE SOLUTION:

Since you can't extract the battery of the Z400 to do the bios reset trick, I had to figure out another way to do it.

1. Unplug AC adapter

2. Connect every usb power consumer in laptop's ports (phone for example)

3. When battery runs out of charge keep trying turning on your laptop, until the battery led won't flash anymore

4. When the battery is completely discharged, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds (I did this 3 times every 10 minutes to be 100% sure)

5. Plug your AC adapter and boot normally

6. Never touch your BIOS again!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonita857
What's DOS?
Views: 308,862
Message 4 of 19

dokken2x,

Thank you for this great step-by-step instruction to get my ThinkPad started up again.  It had an entirely black screen with only the cursor showing up. Haven't used the laptop in awhile, so apparently the battery was on it's last legs.

I am up and running now (used Apple devices - ahem... to drain the battery) and it took less than 10 minutes to be revived.

As a result, I have registered with this community to mine some other great support or relevant articles to keep my ThinkPad healthy.

Thanks again!

Bonnie

Scruffs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 306,809
Message 5 of 19

I hope that works on mine too, i have another type laptop, but still lenovo. atm, trying to kill batterey as u did Smiley Tongue

Scruffs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 306,731
Message 6 of 19

didnt work for mine, ah nvm, i have g serie too.

cliveoween
Fanfold Paper
Views: 302,969
Message 7 of 19

Re: Laptop Won't Boot (BLACK SCREEN, NO BIOS ACCES, NO SAFE MODE) SOLVED!!!!!

I have a laptop Lenovo G 580 (Model Name: 20150)
 I've updated the BIOS when the system restarts up there. CPU and fan works and power light is on but the screen is black.
 What should I do?
how to recovery bios?
 Please help me
 Thank you

Scruffs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 302,941
Message 8 of 19

Hehe, i was pretty confused, but i had warranty time still remaining. so i sent it back to store, they said if it is not dropet or havent got any damage by liquids, then they fix it for free, so i said it have no damages done by droping or liquids. They sent it to closest place (for me it was finland) it was there about 2-3 weeks and then i got it back. They replaced keyboard and motherboard and some tiny pieces more, cant remember anymore. i got out of it with 0 payment. So what i want to tell you is that messing up with bios will corrupt or may not make working ur device anymore, if u have warranty on it. you should send it there. Just back the battarey and adapter with it.

cliveoween
Fanfold Paper
Views: 302,913
Message 9 of 19

Warranty term expired and I wanted to do a software recovery .
Can someone help me in this?

Scruffs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 302,904
Message 10 of 19

I was trying to do the same, i was asking for help and waiting for replys for a long time. didnt got any answer for my problem. if u have win 8 try that recovery button, helped some people (if u have backup). If the warranty expired, then u can take your laptop to some place for diagnostics (cost in EU average 7-20 Eur). they give u report whats wrong with it and it is much easier to fix. Hardware replacements cost for me about 60-80 Eur (motherboard, keyboard and stuff) , but i got them free.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors