US

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Laptop Y50-70 does not boot after crash when plugging in charger

2020-01-03, 19:14 PM

Hi everyone,

my laptop crashed when I plugged in the charger and does not turn on anymore when trying with or without battery. I also tried power drain with no avail.

I assume that the mainboard has an issue as the LED does not even light up when the charger is plugged in. It might was short circuit but there were no noises or smell of something burnt when the laptop turned off.

I wanted to ask whether someone had a similar experience with his/her laptop and what the solution would be, mainly price-wise? I basically would like to know whether it is worth letting it be fixed or to just buy a knew one as the laptop itself is rather old anyways.

Cheers.

Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Views: 12767
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Laptop Y50-70 does not boot after crash when plugging in charger

2020-01-06, 17:59 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums parhamabrahan!

Nice to have you here!

Just to ask:

• Can you please provide us your laptop's machine type-model/MTM number so that we can check the device's specifications?
  • What Windows OS are you using for your device?

For this one, try to see if the laptop will respond by pressing the Novo button that's located next to the Power button.

You may also perform a Power System checkout to your device.

Please see page 21 of your laptop's hardware maintenance manual for the complete steps.

Let us know what will happen.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save