Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisbecky
Paper Tape
Views: 1,465
Message 1 of 2

Laptop Y530 will not boot

I used my laptop briefly last evening.  I opened the lid.  Pressed the power key and it woke from the sleep or hibernate mode.  When finished I closed the lid.  This evening.  I went to use the laptop.  Pressed the power button and it will not boot.

Lenovo picture and music plays, Window startup-scrolling bar runs for a a bit then...

Blue screen of death for about a half second then black screen then Lenovo picture.

I am prompted the next time to start in safe mode, safe mode w/networking, command prompt, last known good configuration, and start normally. 

None of these boot methods work.

Anything I can do to not loose all data before a full system recovery.

Note:

I've seen this issue on other forums, usually with Lenovos.  Is this a Lenovo or Vista problem?

If there is a fix step by step instructions would be helpful.

Retired Guru
Views: 1,374
Message 2 of 2

Re: Laptop Y530 will not boot

1) After Lenovo logo disappears immediately press F8 for 5-10 times.

You'll see advanced boot options menu - needed option is called "disable automatic restart on Windows crash". After actiavating it you'll be able to see error code and file name that caused the fail. Try googling for it or posting here.

As well try this disk in auto-repair mode.

And as final solution you can run NOVO button, there you backup all needed data from C to D and perform full restore.

//help will save the world

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors