Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

09-12-2013

Slovenia

4 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 1 of 1

Laptop monitor goes black when connecting external monitor.

2014-03-16, 20:05 PM

Hi

I have lenovo ideapad y y500 with 650m sli, which originally had windows 8 but then I updated to windows 8.1 and used the fix for GPU bios provided by this forum.

The issue is that both my external and laptop monitors go black when I connect external monitor to my laptop with vga cable.

I have had this issue since I updated nvidia driver back in the middle of january. (befor the update it worked fine I had no issues). I only used external monitor occasionally so I decided to wait for nvidia to fix the problem (rolling back to previous nvidia driver version did not help). Well now after 3 new version the problem persists. I tried using  the hot key on my keyboard to change between 4 different monitor-laptop setups (only laptop, only monitor, resize..) and it did not help.  I tried recording my laptop screen when I pluged in the external monitor and the video is normal (it isn't black). I then opend nvidia control panel to see if it recognises external monitor and recorded the screen. My external monitor (samsung) was recognised.

Click for video on youtube

In between black flashes i pluged in/out the external monitor.

Translation for "zaslon na prenosniku" : laptop's screen.

So any idea how to resolve this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms