Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rayyo26
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,575
Message 1 of 5

Laptop mutes randomly on its own. Help

I have a lenovo z560. This laptop constantly mutes itself on random. I've asked about this before and never got an answer. I hope someone has an answer. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,554
Message 2 of 5

Re: Laptop mutes randomly on its own. Help

hi Rayyo26,

Does the problem occur when you're typing on the keyboard? If it is, your problem might be similar to this thread and I recommend you contact lenovo for service.

Otherwise, try to:

1. Re-install the Sound Drivers:

Conexant Audio Driver          Conexant Audio Driver
Windows 7 32bit / 64bit        Windows Vista 32bit / 64bit

IN2AUD34WW5.exe              IN2AUD14WW3.exe
151 MB                                    151MB

2. Perform a clean boot  and observe the PC.

Let me know your findings.

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Rayyo26
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,546
Message 3 of 5

Hi, thanks for replying, but I've done the drivers reinstalls and also reformatted my computer. I know it doesnt only happen when I'm typing on the keyboard because it mutes on its own when I'm not at the keyboard. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,533
Message 4 of 5

hi Rayyo26,

If you've already reformatted the PC and clean installed Windows then there's probably a short inside one of the IC's that controls the sound.(either the audio board or a chip on the motherboard). You can tell if it's a Windows issue by installing Ubuntu via Wubi (can be uninstalled under Programs from the Control Panel).

If the same thing happens on a different OS, you will need to contact lenovo for service.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

svampurinn
What's DOS?
Views: 1,479
Message 5 of 5

Was this problem resolved? I'm dealing with it myself and it's driving me crazy.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors