04-21-2017

US

25 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 1 of 4

LegionY520 - certain keys just stop working

2017-04-21, 18:06 PM

I've only had this laptop for a couple weeks & everything has been fine besides this.

Randomly, the E, G, H, (spacebar), -, \, keys just stop working!

Will Lenovo fix this problem through drivers? Randomly they will start working again, then just stop working. I use virtual keyboard until they start working again. If I get a USB keyboard, will that be a possible solution? I've never done that with a laptop before.

Obviously everything is immaculate and clean on the laptop, only have had it for a short amount of time. So I need some advice on how to deal with this, I'm thinking USB keyboard, any suggestions are welcome!

Options

9674 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6737 Signins

727523 Page Views

• Views: 727523
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: LegionY520 - certain keys just stop working

2017-04-21, 20:00 PM

Hi LegionY520 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Having a USB connected keyboard would definitely work as onscreen keys are working.

Ensure that you have updated chipset from the support site.

You may use it as a temporary workaround as you may have to call in technical support 877-453-6686  24 hours/day 7 days/week or chat during business hours for probable repair.

Similar to what you have described failing keys are also discussed here and was apparently got fixed the memory metal shield was reposition on its place.

If you would also be having sensitivity of keys when pressure was placed on the side of the touchpad as shown in the post, then opening the cover may need to have tech support attention not to void any warranty .

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

04-07-2017

MY

27 Signins

251 Page Views

• Views: 251
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-04-22, 16:47 PM

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/ll07_en/page/1/thread-id/5576

Here's a thread with an exactly similar issue with the Lenovo y520's keyboard. Perhaps you could try this fix yourself and see if it helps? 

I do not yet own this laptop but am planning to get one soon. I hope that this simple fix will solve the problem. 

Options

3 Posts

04-21-2017

US

25 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-04-30, 13:44 PM

Just an update I have resorted to using a USB keyboard for typing. This problem still persists with the same keys plus the FN key (besides the space bar, that's fine)

It's the same keys for everyone with this issue (I checked the other thread) so I expect it to pop up a bit more.

I just plan on improvising and not sending it in because I'm not even sure it's a hardware issue at all.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save