Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberbob
Paper Tape
Views: 37,870
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo 3000 Y410 - Bluetooth and Web Camera

I recently got a Lenovo 3000 Y410 notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium, which i downgraded to Windows XP
Since then Iam trying to get my Integrated Web camera and Bluetooth to work and it does not seem to work
I downloaded the drivers from lenovo site for Windows XP but

1. BLUETOOTH: The Bluetooth shows up on the device manager list but when i start it from the Internet Explorer it says " Your Bluetooth device could not start the search for devices"

2. WEBCAM : The intergrated camera does not seem to be working at all. even with IM's like Skype or Yahoo  the camera does not get detected . When I installed the veriface software from the shipped CD's it says "Failed to get data from camera"

Can someone point me in the right direction in this matter
devayani9g
What's DOS?
Views: 37,767
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo 3000 Y410 - Bluetooth and Web Camera

Hi All,

Even am facing the same issue with the webcam, tried downloading all the drivers which i could find but in vain.
Could someone give a solution for this.

Thanks a lot
mawise
Paper Tape
Views: 37,724
Message 3 of 12

For the camera, I had some trouble, but found that after installing service pack two, and giving it a couple tries, windows update was able to find the right drivers for the camera.  If windows update doesn't find the right drivers at first, uninstall the device and try again.  I'm still working on getting the bluetooth to work.
Former Employee
Views: 37,676
Message 4 of 12

cyberbob (Sandra Bullock movie The Net anyone...anyone?) - what process have you used with the camera drivers so far? I just want to make sure you're using all the drivers from our support site:
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/lenovo/drivers/list.aspx?CategoryID=104
-----------------------------------
Tim Supples
Lenovo Social Media

Got a question? Don't PM me, post it on the forum!
Lenovo Blogs
X60 Tablet SXGA+ primary, Z61p fully loaded workhorse
mawise
Paper Tape
Views: 37,644
Message 5 of 12

Tim-

Those drivers you posted are for Vista, cyberbob said he downgraded to XP.  I had found XP drivers for everything but the web cam on the lenovo website before, but they don't seem to be there any more (The camera was listed as not needing drivers for XP).  I've also been told by lenovo tech support that lenovo does not support downgrading to XP, which on a different note seems ridiculous given the lack of industry acceptance for XP.

I've tried messing around with bluetooth some more, and the system is behaving as if my computer does not have bluetooth physically installed.  I tried uninstalling the drivers, and windows does not recognize any hardware that needs drivers.  The switch between my speakers is on the right side (wifi/bluetooth/3g ON) but the function F6 key seems to have no effect (Same behavior with respect to 3G, but I don't have any use for 3G).  Perhaps bluetooth has been disabled in software somewhere?

Before downgrading to XP, function F6 flipped the indicator icon in the lower right corner of the screen, so I presume that I do in fact have bluetooth hardware.  Is there a way to bypass the function toggle switches and make sure the device is powered on?
cyberbob
Paper Tape
Views: 37,625
Message 6 of 12

Mawise, The drivers for XP can be found on
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-68104
(a little scroll down is needed) , but that being said their are no webcam drivers explicitly .

Tim, yes i did try the webcam driver from the link you listed long time back and it did not work
Maybe if we know the bus carrying the webcam data then i guess we can upgrade the device driver directly from the chipsets website. Similar for the bluetooth ..

and yes it was "The Net" and gladly Im not one of those "Praetorians"
RealBlackStuff
Token Ring
Views: 37,619
Message 7 of 12

FYI, your Lenovo Y410 does NOT have Bluetooth installed as standard (in US models), see here.
cyberbob
Paper Tape
Views: 37,472
Message 8 of 12

Thx RealBlack.. but finally I did manage to get my Lenovo 3000 Y410 webcam working.Smiley Very Happy

This is what i did
1. Updated Windows XP Professional  SP2 (verison 5.1.2600) to the most latest and greatest update.
2. Tried to check if the camera is working .. It did not
3. Downloaded a integrated camera creative drive from dell .. website . here's the link
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R160323&SystemID=XPS_M1330&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=15135&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=17&fileid=214676

4. Installed the above driver, restarted the system
5. After restart press Fn+Esc key .. to enable the camera. (You should see a small pic icon on the right side bottom of the screen)
6. The hardware wizard will detect a new USB Webcam and wollah ..satisfcation atlast...

Let me know if this works for you all .. Smiley Happy

jiim
Paper Tape
Views: 37,184
Message 9 of 12

Cyberbob:

You are so cool to find Dell Driver to use on Lenovo product.Smiley Happy.I think Lenovo should work hard to place all relative Driver for her laptop User.
RealBlackStuff
Token Ring
Views: 37,007
Message 10 of 12

You never mentioned that the webcam was a USB device, I thought it was a bluetooth device...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors