Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbalazs
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo 510P Games freezing out

Hi Everybody,

I have got a Lenovo 510p laptop. My problem is when I join the CS:GO game (or Dying Light or any other which requires more memory )  after 5-10 minute of playing the game freezes out.  I can still hear the sounds but what I only see is the (last) frozen picture of it. Could you please recommend me something useful? I check the drivers every day by Geforce Experience and I've already bought an external laptop cooler. Thanks in advance! -Peter  

Guru
Views: 264
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo 510P Games freezing out

Do you have 1 GPU or 2 GPUs (SLI)?

You may need to reset your drivers and stop checking the driver updates, till everything is working fine. My recommendation for driver update has always been "When you start facing problems, then update drivers".

To reset drivers -

1) Go to Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Display

2) Right click on GT755M and Uninstall

3) Go to Programs & Features and uninstall everything related to NVIDIA.

4) Restart your system and let the drivers install automatically. (This can take upto 5 minutes)

5) Verify in Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Display that GT755m is displayed.

6) Start a game and test it.

Tips for system monitoring -

1) You should download and install CPU HWmonitor to check you CPU and GPU temps while playing games.

2) Check Task Manager to see if any process is consuming higher than normal CPU.

If you still face a problem, post here.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
pbalazs
Paper Tape
Views: 227
Message 3 of 6

Hi Rocky,

First of all thanks for your advise! Answering to your question I've got 2 of geforce GT 750m in my lenovo.

I've made the changes you recommended, but sadly still facing the problem. It helped me to realize  when I dont turn on the SLI, just using one of the GPU-s the game that I use for testing (CS:GO) runs well, no matter how much time I play.

But when I turn on the SLI, the display  still freezing out...:/

I'm using a high performance laptop cooler to avoid the overheating of the system, but havent tried to measure it, so that could be an other option to test.

Best regards,

Peter

Guru
Views: 222
Message 4 of 6

i dont think is is an over-heating issue.

Have you ever installed this patch (If not, then please install it) -

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-y-series-laptops/ideapad-y510p...

If still it doesnt work, I can only say that your Ultrabay might be failing. Cannot think of another reason, why it would start behaving like that suddenly.

Did you make any change to your system or it just started happening suddenly?

If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
pbalazs
Paper Tape
Views: 211
Message 5 of 6

Hi Rocky,

No I didn't make any changes to the system, its in factory condition (there was only an external change -noting in  BIOS-+4GB RAM memory has been added, but the shop where I bought installed it in). Okay I'll install the linked patch when I get home from work. But as I see it is for win8.1 and I have 8.0. Will it work on that os too? The second GPU is seems like working when I turn on the SLI mode, because I can feel that side is pushing out heat also. 

Thanks for the support!

Kind regards,

Peter

Guru
Views: 203
Message 6 of 6

I think you should first create a restore point from Recovery in control panel.

Then upgrade your OS to 8.1 (Since it is so much better than 8)

Finally apply this patch and update your graphics drivers too.

the second GPU could be working but it is not giving you optimal performance since the base configuration is not using it correctly.

If after all this, still it doesnt work, then it could be a hardware problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors