Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockdrum
Punch Card
Views: 1,169
Message 31 of 53

Re: Lenovo Custom Program Settings - y560

Jamie,

My problems started right after a one key recovery, after almost 10 month using this laptop without big problems. My y560 has a i7 740m so it gets up to 90°C gaming, that's was my biggest problem until this one. It's really strange for me that 2 days after the one key recovery this problem started. In Chile I don't have support or warranty (I bought the laptop in the US) so I'm stuck here. I would love a money refund or laptop replacement! If it's hardware related my chance is to buy a keyboard from ebay and replace it myself, but there's not a proved solution.

Please post any ideas/solutions to solve the problem.

Greetings from Chile

Lucas.

Topjack
Punch Card
Views: 1,156
Message 32 of 53

Sendsouth,

Just reading your post I surely agree there are some issues with Y560 Lenovo laptops. I too have had problems and for the most part have been able to work past them. I won't Ramble on, but I have spent much time checking out Forums for other brands and guess what? They are also having the same problem. Can it be that with China growing so fast that their people are not staying long enough at mastering one job before heading off to something else. There for building less reliable products. So what can we do about this ??? I guess to continue to do as you and I and others have. We complain. In the mean time This alone isn't a Lenovo Problem but a computer. Oh and as I write this My darm mouse is going crazy. Good luck. 

sendsouth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,135
Message 33 of 53

Lucas,

Its is a very frustrating problem and Lenovo certainly dont seem to be interested in replacing the faulty laptops though its pretty obvious there is a serious problem with them. Even if you have a warranty like I do (Not worth the paper its written on), they are likely to blame software and therefore not covered by warranty (regardless of the fact that using a usb keyboard fixes the problem).

Topjack,

In my personal experience with many laptops over the past 6-8 years, I have never encountered anything like this problem. I too can fix most issues that arise but this is clearly a Lenovo laptop problem. Even if it is happening on other computer brands, my issue is that it is happening on a Lenovo laptop that is still under warranty, and its clear Lenovo hope those of us with the problem will just go away.

I intend to add a video to youtube demonstrating the unusability of the Lenovo laptop without an external keyboard (to add to those already up). I certainly wont be going just rolling over on this one.

If Lenovo were serious about selling laptops that arent a pile of crap, and were preparared to stand by their product, surely when there is an issue like this with laptops still under warranty, they would be arranging to have them replace.

All I can say is thank God the internet allows people like me to let others know of the risks associated with buying Lenovo laptops. News travels fast on Google! 

Im suprised that Lenovo in such a competitive market arent trying to rectify problems like these quickly to avoid negative publicity on the net.

Jamie

milesc
Punch Card
Views: 1,120
Message 34 of 53

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I already had the Custom Program Settings issue once.  That time, I sent it to tech support and they replaced the keyboard and unnecesarrily wiped my hard drive.  The tech support experience was so atrocious that when the hard drive died a few weeks later, I just replaced it myself so I wouldn't have to go through talking to those people again.

Now, a couple of months later, the Custom Program Settings box has just popped up again.  I hate this laptop. Smiley Sad

Lenovo, please have someone who is not an incompetent idiot contact me to discuss how we can remedy this situation.  Not that I expect it to make a difference, but I'm a PhD candidate in Computer Science... you know, the kind of person that often gets asked for suggestions on what type of computer to buy.

Craig Miles

Doctoral Fellow

The Center for Advanced Computer Studies

University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Rockdrum
Punch Card
Views: 1,093
Message 35 of 53

SUPPORT PLEASE!
jtrusso
Paper Tape
Views: 1,089
Message 36 of 53

I dont have time to send this in because I am a student and need a laptop for everyone of my classes.  For some reason i noticed that if i put a good amount of pressure directly LEFT of the touchpad and UNDER the keyboard with the bottom part of my palm the custom programs and other errors dont occur.  However, it gets very tiring very fast and I shouldnt have to do stupid stunts like these to get my laptop to work....

sendsouth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,079
Message 37 of 53

I have posted a youtube clip that shows what happens when I try to write a letter to Lenovo on a Y560 laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDtpu4C8Y4g

I too cant afford to just 'do without' my laptop for a couple of weeks whilst Lenovo or the supplier do a restore and after tapping on the keyboard for a couple of minutes announce the problem is solved and hand it back to me.

This problem begins when the laptop is being used heavily (like all latops!). There should be no issues relating to software being installed on the system and the fact that the laptop works fine when using a usb keyboard surely suggests a hardware issue.

As I have repeatedly requested....I would like either a reliable replacement or a refund. Surely that is not unreasonable?

Jamie

Rockdrum
Punch Card
Views: 1,074
Message 38 of 53

Awesome video!

People from Lenovo will continue believing that this issue it's a software problem, and not a hardware one after all the tests that we have made. The people from lenvo seems to be blind to reply on this issue.

I really hope that your video SAVE customers to buy a lenovo laptop.

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 1,067
Message 39 of 53

@All,

Like I said... Issue has been escalated to engineering and they have suggested to send the laptop back to service. And yes this is hardware issue thus send it back to service. No BIOS or software can fix this.

//JameZ
sendsouth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,060
Message 40 of 53

I must have missed that memo JameZ.

It would seem from some who have posted here and elsewhere that 'sending it back for service' does not necessarily fix the problem. I think 'Engineering' and Lenovo are trying to avoid taking responsibility for the faulty laptops you have already sold by just telling us to 'send it back to be serviced.

I believe Lenovo also fail to understand (suprisingly) that for many people just doing without the laptop for 2 or 3 weeks whilst Lenovo look at the laptops is not an acceptable solution considering the necessity of computers for business, study, lifeline etc.

The shop that I bought it from have told me that as the problem did not immediately re-surface after the laptop was restored to default, that it is a software problem and that isnt covered by Lenovo. They have told me that I can send it to be looked at by the lenovo people if I want but I will get the same answer from them. (basically wasting my time according to the shop)

Like I said JameZZZ......I want a reliable replacement I KNOW is going to be able to do the job.

Why should my business suffer (if I dont have a computer to work on I don t make any money) by having to go without a computer through no fault of my own. 

Why wont Lenovo just replace the faulty  laptop you have acknowledged have hardware issues so that the customer isnt inconvenienced? This laptop is under warranty!!!!

Here in Australia I have a couple of options in terms of laws here that are in place to protect consumers in the event they are sold faulty goods. I will contact 'Consumer Affairs' and see what options are there.

In the meantime I can assure you I will be continuing to warn others against buying Lenovo laptops as based on my experience, should the one you buy be faulty, no reliable support will be offered.

LENOVO...PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING AND REPLACE THE Y560 LAPTOPS YOU SOLD THAT YOU KNOW HAVE HARDWARE FAULTS AND ARE STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

Jamie

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors