Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mxnsxxr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,324
Message 11 of 53

Re: Lenovo Custom Program Settings

my computer likes messing with me...

The keyboard problem is gone, but now my wifi doesn't work... 

A Lenovo tech support guy said he's going to send a technician some time next week for the keyboard problem, but do you have any idea what might fix the wifi problem?

I checked the F2 Setup menu, and it said the WAN adapater was enabled. Wifi switch is turned on, and Fn+F5 doesn't seem to do anything because I uninstalled the Energy Management program (source of all my problems...)

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,321
Message 12 of 53

Re: Lenovo Custom Program Settings

it's because power management. it contents some system files that you need to use function keys ( fn ).
re-install power management, press fn+ f5, make sure your wireless device is activated.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
sendsouth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,176
Message 13 of 53

Re: Lenovo Custom Program Settings - y560

I am having this problem and it is driving me crazy!!! It is basically making my laptop when used without an external keyboard too painful to use. If I cant fix it, I will return it for a refund as a reliable laptop is essential in my work and the Lenovo Y560 clearly is NOT it.

I have owned about 6 laptops now (none Lenovo prior to this one). I have never experienced anything like it

Jamie

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,167
Message 14 of 53

@ sendsouth
have you tried the suggestions above?

sendsouth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,134
Message 15 of 53

I just tryed it then. Ive uninstalled the power management program and fortunately my wireless is still working. Ive tryed to get the problem to happen again and so far so good. It seems OK.

Thanks

Jamie

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,129
Message 16 of 53

you need power management application/driver.
i suggest you to re-install it.

sendsouth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,118
Message 17 of 53

Cant I control the power management option through Windows Power options? My wireless is still working fine (I never used the Lenovo program that controls this) so clearly I dont need the Lenovo power management utility for my current wireless config.

My 'Fn' functions appear to still be working.

I cant see any problems the laptop is having as a result of not having the Lenovo powermangement utility installed.

Jamie

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,109
Message 18 of 53

your camera working?

sendsouth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,077
Message 19 of 53

The camera is working but I spoke too soon in regard to the computer being OK. It's just doing other stupid stuff now when I type certain keys making using the laptop keyboard impossible.

I will re-install the Lenovo power management software though am doubtful this will be the  solution.

I actually think  the laptop is a Lemon and Im going to to attempt to get my money back. I am running a small business where a reliable laptop is crucial. Clearly I should have gone with one of the brands I usually buy like Toshiba or HP. Never any problems remotely like this. I even had several Acers at one stage for a training program I was running that would run rings around this Lenovo.

Very annoyed!

Jamie

sendsouth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,069
Message 20 of 53

Just to add that I tried re-installing Lenovo Power management and the problem was worse than ever. Completely unusable keyboard.

Fortunately I still have the Toshiba laptop I recently retired to buy this Lenovo piece of rubbish. Toashiba still going strong without a hiccup after over 3 years. I'm transferring all my files back to it. Lenovo a complete waste of space after only 3 months!!

Jamie

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors