Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rancineb
Paper Tape
Views: 20,424
Message 1 of 20

Lenovo IdeaPad P580 - Can't find info

I'm looking at purchasing a Lenovo laptop and was looking around and found a nice one at a local store which was the Lenovo IdeaPad P580-308725U.  Before I purchase I wanted to find some more information but can't find this laptop online anywhere.  Not sold on any websites, nor any reviews or info.  Not even on the Lenovo website.  Is this a new laptop that just hit the market?  I'm surprised it's not on the Lenovo website.

Please help, I don't want to buy a mystery laptop without knowing it's legit.

~Brian

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 20,408
Message 2 of 20

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad P580 - Can't find info

rancineb
Paper Tape
Views: 20,399
Message 3 of 20

Thanks for the links. The one I'm looking at is the one in the third link which is with the i5 processor, not the i7. Wish the Lenovo website had some information on this laptop. Maybe it'll come soon.
Amotto11
Paper Tape
Views: 20,359
Message 4 of 20

Rancineb,
I am thinking about getting this laptop as well. Best buy has a sale this week and I couldn't find any information anywhere. Did you have any luck with any other sites?

Thanks
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 20,341
Message 5 of 20

Hi Rancine, 

Please find the link for the user guide for the P580 here.

Hope the above helped.

serene

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate Messaging
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Amotto11
Paper Tape
Views: 20,321
Message 6 of 20

Serene,

I am looking to buy a lenovo laptop from best buy. they have one on sale for 599 this week in there weekly ad. Although i cannot locate the laptop aywhere on the web as i stated in my last post. on best buys normal website they have one that is listed for 679 and through the model number i can tell these laptops are different but i cannot tell the difference because the one on the ad has no detail and like i said i cannot find it anywhere. The model number of the ad laptop (the one i am looking at) is 308725U. while the model number of the one their normal website is 215127U. I was looking at the links that the last person posted and it looks as though one of these laptops is the third link of that post. The laptop on the ad does not have a definite name so i cannot say it is the P580 as you have listed. Can you please help me in dertermining which laptop is on the ad and which is not. here are two links. They may not work due to Best Buys website but i will try to add them for further explanation to help you. Thanks for all the help!

The Ad

http://deals.bestbuy.com//laptops/product/5593862/lenovo++156quot+laptop++6gb+memory++750gb+hard+dri...

The normal site

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+15.6%26%2334%3B+IdeaPad+Laptop+-+6GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive/...

Again thank you so much for any help. I am sorry if i have confused you.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 20,314
Message 7 of 20

Amotto

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+15.6%26%2334%3B+IdeaPad+Laptop+-+6GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive/...

bb.jpg

This is a IdeaPad Z580 215127U. (Scroll down the page - you can see the specs).

For more info, you can visit this link

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Amotto11
Paper Tape
Views: 20,311
Message 8 of 20

Serene, thank you. I was really considering the one in the add. Without going in the store is it possible for you to tell me which computer that is By just the model number and what the specs are? Thanks
Amotto11
Paper Tape
Views: 20,297
Message 9 of 20

So does that mean the p 580 is the ad which would make it the third link in the second persons add? What is the real difference from p to z580? Thanks again so much
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 20,294
Message 10 of 20

Amotto

You lost me completely. Apologies for my confusion but which 'add'?

Could you copy (Ctrl +C) the hyperlink? I am really sorry about the trouble.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors