Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThoMiCroN
Paper Tape
Views: 2,804
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo IdeaPad P580 and deleted OneKey Recovery files

Hi ! I just got a Lenovo IdeaPad P580. I did a first backup with OneKey Recorery successfully. Then, some days later, I wanted to do it again, but I added a lot of files, so it didn't work because the backup wouldn't have enough space. I didn't realized that the D: disk only purpose was to content the factory settings (or near them), but nothing more. I put the drivers and the applications (but not the backup) from the D: disk on a DVD, and I wiped out everything. I wanted to free some space...

disquesdurs.jpg

Now that I realized the D: drisk was only there to store factory settings, I'd like to get the original backup back to have at least a D: partitition useful for something in case of emergencies... Otherwise, it's useless and I could merge it with C:, and do backups with an exeternal disk, but I'd like to avoid doing that...

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,795
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad P580 and deleted OneKey Recovery files

Ok i'm not sure i understand everything you wrote

for example:''I did a first backup with OneKey Recorery successfully''

What exactly did you do and how  did you do that?

And:  ''and I wiped out everything. I wanted to free some space.'''

Did you wipe just the D: or ...?

To get your system back to factory settings (İnitial state,just as it was the day you bought it)

please double cklick the One Key Recovery(OKR) İcon on the desktop

click on 'System Recovery' A notice will pop up asking you 'Do you want to reboot your computer

into the System Recovery Environment' Click Yes and then just follow instructions.

When it's done evrything that should be there,will be(hopefully anyway)..

Do let us know what happens.

ThoMiCroN
Paper Tape
Views: 2,192
Message 3 of 4

I'm not the sort of guy that does not try the obvious solutions.

I kept the D: partition, but erased everything that was inside. I wouln't be able to restore anything, because the files that it would use would not be here. It wouldn't be a disaster (I have a backup), but I would like to find on Internet, somewhere, ALL the files that were there with the factory settings. If I cannot find the original files, I will simply merge the D: partition in the C: one, and then have 25 Go back.

kingnorak
What's DOS?
Views: 1,117
Message 4 of 4

is it possible to download or to buy the recovery disk ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors