cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yparker14
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,499
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p won't power on with power adapter plugged in and won't charge battery.

Hello all,

I recently recieved my IdeaPad Y410p from the Lenovo repair centre and they changed my system board for a different issue, but now I have a new problem.

I updated Windows to 8.1 and did all the critical updates and then tried to uninstall some of Lenovo's bloatware and now my laptop won't turn on or charge the battery. I tried to do a power drain (remove the battery and hold down the power button), but still no luck. The laptop won't turn on at all with the battery or the plug by itself. 

I then waited a few hours and tried to turn on my laptop again and then this time it powered on for some reason! I quickly restored my system back to Windows 8 thinking there was a problem with an update or bloatware uninstallation and then all seemed well until  I powered down my laptop again, but then couldn't power it back on.

I called Leneovo and they said it was impossible for it to be a hardware problem since they just repaired it and since I updated everything and then restored it back, which then it still had the same power issues means it most likely isn't software. The only other thing I could think of is there might be a problem with the power adapter, but I've had this laptop since July 2013 and the adapter was working perfectly fine and this problem only started once I received my laptop back from Lenovo after a "repair".

Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated at this point.

Thanks!

ActuarialChef
What's DOS?
Views: 1,442
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p won't power on with power adapter plugged in and won't charge battery.

Hi there - 

I wanted to add that I am having the same problem. I sent my Lenovo in for warranty repair (rear left hinge broke) - I got it back Friday May 16th and ever since then it won't stay on and sometimes won't turn on.

I called Lenovo warranty support and (of course) they denied it was their problem. However, I complained enough that they're going to send me a new one. Of course, you have to be in-warranty for this to work.

Just a suggestion Smiley Happy Hope you get your straightened out!!!

william_loh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,372
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p won't power on with power adapter plugged in and won't charge battery.

hai there, 

Have you read my post in lenovo y410p defect ? You try to unplug the battery and start up ur laptop as usual. if u want to charge ur batery, insert ur batery while ur laptop is still in 'on" condition. 

Once you have turned on your laptop with the battery only, if u find out that ur screen showns nothing, try to double check the keyboad backlight whether is shown some light or not. If yes, u press the power button once to make ur laptop inti sleep mode. After that wake it up, and everything will be ok 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors