Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikewxyz
Paper Tape
Views: 285
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P CPU side Buzzing Noise

From about 3 weeks ago, my Lenovo Y510p (GT 750M Sli, purchased in 2013) started to make this weird grinding/buzzing sound at random times on the CPU side of the fan. It was barely noticeable if I had headphones on at first, but starting from the second week the noise and vibration of it grew louder. After doing some research for possible fixes, I have tried the method openining Energy Management and running the Dust Removal feature to temporary solve the problem. However, that method only worked for about a week, and starting from the third week the buzzing remains very consistent even after I run Dust Removal several times. Does anyone here know what is the problem exactly? I know for other models, people have been able to solve the problem by updating their BIO driver provided by the website. But all Y510p users seen to have that problem early enough to just get a refund or send it back for exchange/repairment using their then still active warranty. I would like to know if there's any way that I can fix this without having to spend money for the fix when it is proven it is the company side issue since even fresh new purchases of the same model ran into the same exact problem within days. 

mikewxyz
Paper Tape
Views: 252
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P CPU side Buzzing Noise

Bump. (Not sure if we allowed to bump here, if not I apologize)

mikewxyz
Paper Tape
Views: 236
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P CPU side Buzzing Noise

Bump...

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors