cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenFifty
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,295
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 Crashed, not working, no tech support, need expert/lenovo technician advice

Hi, my name is Ben and i own a 2 year old Lenovo Y530 laptop with windows Vista Home Premium.
Everything was working fine, when one day about a month and a half ago, i got the "blue screen of death".
Better known as an error code, where your computer crashes.
I then proceeded to re-install windows vista, where then it failed to install the updates, and only after a very short amount of time of actually being in the desktop of the computer, it crashed once more, giving the classic error message of it might be something new that was installed, or new hardware, when in reality i didn't install or add/remove any new equipment whatsoever.

I bought this Laptop in the US 2 years ago in late 2008, and then moved to Israel.
So here is the real problem, after checking the HDD for bugs, or viruses, it was fpormatted, and put back in, also following a system recovery from Lenovos one click recovery system.
And found that neither the HDD, or the OS was trhe problem.
So since i live in Israel, i sent it to my local Lenovo shop, where they said they do not fix these types of lenovo laptops!
So how am i supposed to get to the bottom of this issue? if my local computer lenovo store does not fix my model of computer?
I would like an answer ASAP because i need this computer for school and such, and the information that was lost is irrelevant, i would just like the computer to be functioning and stable again.
Thank you, and much regards,
Ben.

Retired Guru
Views: 1,256
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 Crashed, not working, no tech support, need expert/lenovo technician advice

To be covered by warranty, your laptop must have IWS (International Warranty Service). That's the only way to get covered.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/UserFiles/IWS/20100909035858_62.htm

Best regards.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Top Kudoed Authors