Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanford_t
Blue Screen Again
Views: 918
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 (0862), sick and tired of display driver BSOD

Ok, I have already contacted bot nVidia, Intel, AND Lenovo numerous times about this issue.

The problem that I have been experiencing is continuing to intensify as time goes by.

I KNOW what the cause of the problem is, but unfortunately none of the aforementioned companies have released a fix for it.

The whole issue has to do with an nVidia driver stability due to the complex architecture of Intel Optimus (the system that allows for switchable GPUs). 

The error message I receive on the Blue Screen is as follows

nvlddkm.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

after I reboot, the driver does not work at all and the computer is stuck on the Intel HD3000 REGARDLESS of what ponsition the GPU switch is in (nVidia control panel also reports that no display adapter is currently installed)

I have verified that this system file is part of the nVidia display driver... I tried going to nVidia's official site to download a newer version of the driver (because Lenovo has not released an update of its own since late November....). The big issue here is, that the newer driver sets DO NOT support the Optimus architecture at all, regardless of whether or not the GT 555m is supported... nVidia was able to verify this fact via e-mail...

My computer has crashed twice in the past 20 minutes, and quite frankly, it just makes me sick that I cannot do anything about it, and cannot get any initiative from either party...

Anybody know how I can eradicate this issue so that I am able to work efficiently and not constantly doing so in fear of losing my work?

Thanks

IdeaPad Y570 (0862) | 2nd gen Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2GHz | 8GB DDR3 1333 | 750GB HDD | Intel HD 3000 Graphics | Nvidia GeForce GT 555M 1.0 GB | Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 | MS Windows 8.1 64-bit
countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 896
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 (0862), sick and tired of display driver BSOD

Hi,

when i googled the error you gave,

lots of entries came up.

Have you searched them all,for any possible answers?

jauug
What's DOS?
Views: 764
Message 3 of 4

That is so NO SERVICE!!! I have this problem too and i was in seller, they tell me that they contact lenovo... but nothing...

i hope that they solve the issue...

fawal_1997
Blue Screen Again
Views: 757
Message 4 of 4

I have the same issue , i have my lenovo y570 for 15 days I had a BSOD 6 times and i made a recovery 9 times
so lenovo Pleaaaaaaaaaaase help .

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors