Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bananaman66
Paper Tape
Views: 537
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 Freezing on Start-up w/ AC Adapter Plugged in

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y570, I only recently got it. It has only been a week or so. I am currently on it now. Recently, this problem has been occurring. Whenever I start my laptop, within 2 or 3 minutes of being at the login screen, my laptop freezes, to the point where nothing will work, including the mouse, touchpad or keyboard. This only occurs when it is plugged in with the AC adapter, and no battery pack in. However, I am able to prevent this from happening only when i start my computer with the battery pack, at which point I can unplug the battery pack and plug in the AC adapter. This is a hassle though. What should I do? I haven't tried anything yet, I just wanted to get some advice on the matter before I attempted to use the one key recovery. Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 520
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 Freezing on Start-up w/ AC Adapter Plugged in

Hi Bananaman,

it's not harmful leaving the battery pack connected to your Y570 all the time,

please have a look at this thread...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/is-this-bad-for-the-laptop/td-p/764005

Zehn

bananaman66
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the info Zehn. Although I do understand that, my main concern is the fact that I have to start up my laptop with only the battery plugged in before I am able to successfully keep it from freezing and transition to the AC adapter. Would you be able to shed any light on this matter?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 493
Message 4 of 5

Bananaman... since your Y570 is still under warranty, maybe it's best to consult Lenovo Tech Support...

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=PD008893

good Luck...Zehn

travellove
What's DOS?
Views: 346
Message 5 of 5

This is very odd, I purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 in June 2012 as well, only I did not start using it all the time until September and I'm having the same problem. Although I'm not sure if it's always when it's plugged in or just going on battery - but as soon as I start up or wake up the computer it very frequently freezes in the middle of whatever I'm doing and then not even ctrl-alt-delete works, I have to literally do a hard manual shut down of my computer and reboot it. I paid a lot for this computer and when it's been 2 months I do not expect to have this problem. Have you heard anything else?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors