Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
THER0CK
Paper Tape
Views: 810
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 is really slow

Spec: Intel Core I7, 8gb Ram, 2gb nvidia, HDD 750 with no SSD..

I Already have Y560 for a year now.. and I didn't experience any lagging or slowness at all...

I just bought the laptop for my brother yesterday and at first I noticed a problem in speed while copying files.. so I tried a fresh installation of Win7 ..

Every version I tried gives the error "Windows cannot install required files. File may be corrupt or missing", at Expanding files step..

I thought if I copied the DVD to a local paratition and run the setup it would continue .. and it did but it was very slow too and it took almost 2 hours to install win7..

then each driver setup took 10 to 20 minutes to be installed and  recognized..

Now the boot time takes more than 80 seconds.. and after 6 seconds when the system loads completely .. I can hear  the windows start up tone.

Any Suggestions ??

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 779
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 is really slow

hi,

is it y560 or y570?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Armin100
Punch Card
Views: 776
Message 3 of 4

what rpm is your hdd? If its 5400rpm then those load times should be only a minute at most. 7200rpm shouldn't take that long, it should take around 45 seconds. If you have SSD and using your operating system on it, load times are around 15 seconds.

THER0CK
Paper Tape
Views: 741
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for you help...

The slowness is only on Y570..
My Y560 specifications is about half of Y570 but it's much more faster.. loading Win7 on y560 takes about 30 seconds and they are both hdd at 5400 rpm

let alone that I'm running heavy services like SQL Server and IIS and others on y560 and still loads around 30 seconds from the moment I hit the power button

Anyway, I recovered the system from the hidden partition and followed some links here on the forum complaining about the same issue on y570 and they had some useful tweaks that made it to deduct about 20 seconds..

I tried [ increasing Number of processors at msconfig->Boot+ a patch to stop unnecessary services + removed start up items- deleted some desktop icons that takes time to render- changed wallpaper to windows default - disabled WIFI+Bluetooth]

but still not good enough... booting time takes 60 seconds now.. and shutting down 100 seconds...

Maybe I'm paranoid but I have Win 7 on a live cd and it loads faster than hdd..

something is wrong..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors