Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 13 (472 Views)

Lenovo IdeaPad Y700-15ACZ Reboot problems

Hello, boys!  I have a big problem with this notebook. 

1. What graphics card installed in laptop. M385 or M385X?  Official site AMD don't know nothing about  M385X. Devlopers AMD site said about device with id 6646.80 this M385 (without X)

2. When I try to turn off the laptop, to sleep or hibernation select, he rebooting. Even in the course of work, happens, he rebooting.

What I did:

- Use Lenovo Recovery System with fabric Windows 10

- Update all Programm Software and Drivers and Windows 10 from Lenovo

- Install Clear Windows 10 with unlenovo drivers

- Use drivers for M385X and just M385

- Update to latest BIOS

Logs don't know about this reboots. Just they said about Systeam Failure. The problem remains. Only the frequency of events differs. And after reset the laptop goes to cyclic loading.

What do you think about this?

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 13 (463 Views)

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y700-15ACZ Reboot problems

I think, problem in USB or Graphic Adapters. :/
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 13 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]

The spec sheet states that it uses the AMD Radeon R9 M385, but that does not mean that some models could not have used the AMD Radeon™ R9 M385X, but in any case you should be using the AMD driver supplied by Lenovo for your system, and not the ones from AMD.    

If it is crashing and rebooting, it may be actually blue screening and writing a memory.dmp file to the C:\Windows  directory.

• I would Right click on Start, select System Protection , choose the Advanced tab, and then select Setting from Startup and Recovery section.
  • From there, Uncheck the box to Automatically Restart
  • Reproduce the issue, and then zip up and attach the C:\Windows\memory.dmp to a reply.   Viewing the memory.dmp may show what exact driver is at fault.    

From within the Startup and Recovery options, you can also change the memory dump type from Automatic Memory Dump, to Small Memory Dump (256KB) if the attachment size becomes an issue.

Good Luck,

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 13 (394 Views)

Please read my post

Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 13 (392 Views)

I did, which is why I suggest you try to reproduce the issue and gather the memory.dmp file so it can be examined, since the .dmp will likely point to the exact cause.     But if you would rather continue to speculate, that is your call.

Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 13 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
From within the Startup and Recovery options, you can also change the memory dump type from Automatic Memory Dump, to Small Memory Dump (256KB) if the attachment size becomes an issue.

Dump isnt save after failure rebooting, because its a hard reset. Laptop it freezes for a few seconds and explodes. So, i can attach dump, but I don't think that it will help. But thanks for help. 

And video reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysP2W4hRmk0 . Listen to the noise of the fans, they will fly. And watch display. He was freezed before reboot.

The total size of this upload is larger than the maximum size allowed: 20480000. Try uploading fewer files or reducing the size of the files before uploading them again.

So, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6vllkHA2dGMWEtCLUVqNDlCM0U

I used 7zip 

Bit Torrent
Message 7 of 13 (362 Views)

I am not where I can look at it now,  but I will check it when I get home.   Take care, 

Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 13 (333 Views)

Download WhoCrashedEx program to see the errors 

Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 13 (329 Views)

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 22.01.2017 11:03:11 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012217-8406-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x149F90)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801E5624F59)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 22.01.2017 11:03:11 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: clfs.sys (CLFS!ClfsPrivGetBaseLogFileFromFileObjectPointer+0x16E)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801E5624F59)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\clfs.sys
description: Common Log File System Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 22.01.2017 10:13:57 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012217-7859-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x22E0F)
Bugcheck code: 0x100000EA (0xFFFFB389BAC2C7C0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Fanfold Paper
Message 10 of 13 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]

looks like software/driver conflict to me.

unistall the GPU drivers and software, and let windows update install it.

Top kudoed Authors