Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nichar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,648
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500, Windows 10 Wifi driver and connection problems

Hi everyone!

I own the Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 laptop for 2-3 years and I have several troubles with WiFi since the time I have upgraded to Windows 10 months ago, but it has became quite urgent since the new year.

After re/starting laptop or start from the sleep mode, I got disconnected. First half hour I have to deal with highly volatile and unstable connection trying to switch some settings with devmgmt.msc

Well, what happens:

• WiFi turning on/off randomly, the same with WiFi driver (WiFi icon is replaced with PC plugin with red cross)
  • The WiFi turning on/off button randomly disables or dissapears at all
  • If WiFi is turned on, no networks are found
  • If I finally connect to a network, the connection becomes limited or disables in a moment
  • The WiFi panel has unpredictable behaviour, such as changing height to 100px approximately and I have to scroll, or starts connecting to a network even it's not checked to connect automatically
  • Whenever the connection is lost or limited, the Google Chrome freezes and stops responding (its default behaviour?)

What I have tried?

• As I have mentioned above, the playing with devmgmt.msc gives me usually a solution in lots of minutes, I have found on this website the advices about switching the 802.11n Channel from 20MHz to Automatically and vice versa. Sometimes works temporarily, sometimes for the rest of the day (or until I shut the laptop down, the following day my struggles go on..)
  • Turning the WiFi off and on, but I am afraid the button stucks disabled so I have to restart the laptop in order to make it work.
  • Trying the previous and the newest drivers to install.

Specifications:

• Lenovo IdeaPad Z500, Windows 10, 64-bit
  • Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 (the laptop says ironically it works well, funny)

I am happy with my Lenovo product, it works like charm. However the WiFi is bad. All of what I have tried is not effective and permanent. It's quite frustrating to waste a time with it almost everyday.

Although I am a very experienced PC user, I have no knowledge in the simple stuff like networking and WiFi (not simple at all, but useful). If you need some logs or more information, feel free to tell me, but would you describe me where to find it in detail?

Thank you for any help and sorry for any misunderstanding, English is not my native language I am still improving myself in Smiley Happy

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 4,564
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z500, Windows 10 Wifi driver and connection problems

Hi Nichar,

Please download  the driver of the wifi and bluetooth  card from Intel.com.  Then download the windows update troubleshooter here. Use the the troubleshooter to hide any update for the wifi and bluetooth card. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Nichar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,558
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the fast answer! I try as soon as I can. What do you mean with "download the windows update troubleshooter here"? Where can I get it and how to use it?
Nichar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,483
Message 4 of 4

I have installed the driver Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10 and used the troubleshooter to hide any updates, but it hasn't find anything to hide. Why? I have also tried to force the last version of driver in devmgmt.msc and the troubleshooter hasn't find anything again. The rest of prolems remains, I got sometimes connected and it remains only for minutes, dissapearing turning on/off WiFi button etc.

I am sorry, it doesn't work. Maybe do I do anything wrong? I attach the three examples of the weird behavior of the WiFi panel.

Bez názvu2.png    Bez názvu.png    Bez názvu3.png

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors