cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlotte22
Paper Tape
Views: 3,337
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 (20287) - Compatible mSATA SSDs?

Hello,

I've just purchased the Lenovo Z510 Intel Core i7 (model 20287) and I've got a few queries:

1. if there is one mSATA connector available and free (not already connected) so I could be able to add an ADATA XPG SX300 mSATA SSD? this one is compatible with lenovo products?

2. if yes (compatible) ,I can be able to install the Win7 OS after and if system will recognize the new ssd? any tutorial?

3. if no (not compatible), what are Lenovo laptops compatible with mSATA ?

Many thanks in advance!Smiley Happy

Charlotte.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,295
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 (20287) - Compatible mSATA SSDs?

hi Charlotte,

Regarding your questions:

1. Looking at the specs sheet, the Ideapad Z510 does have a mini PCie card slot to fit an mSATA SSD but it doesn't indicate that it supports mSATA data signaling (and this slot is occupied by the wireless adapter).

- Link to picture (page 27 of the HMM)

- Z510 Specs

2. Not compatible. If you're leaning towards an SSD upgrade, you could consider getting a regular 2.5" SATA SSD and replace the HDD with the SSD and install Windows 7 on it. Check this thread as other users have sucessfully installed Win7 on their Z510.

3. Natively, these are some of the systems that supports mSATA:

- IdeaPad Y400 / Y500

- IdeaPad Yoga 13

- IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro

- IdeaPad U310 / U410 / U510

- IdeaPad Y580

Sample articles / videos:

Y500 mSATA

Yoga 13 mSATA

U410 mSATA upgrade

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors