11-23-2014 01:22 PM - edited 11-23-2014 01:49 PM
I've just purchased the Lenovo Z510 Intel Core i7 (model 20287) and I've got a few queries:
1. if there is one mSATA connector available and free (not already connected) so I could be able to add an ADATA XPG SX300 mSATA SSD? this one is compatible with lenovo products?
2. if yes (compatible) ,I can be able to install the Win7 OS after and if system will recognize the new ssd? any tutorial?
3. if no (not compatible), what are Lenovo laptops compatible with mSATA ?
Many thanks in advance!
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-24-2014 12:25 PM
Regarding your questions:
1. Looking at the specs sheet, the Ideapad Z510 does have a mini PCie card slot to fit an mSATA SSD but it doesn't indicate that it supports mSATA data signaling (and this slot is occupied by the wireless adapter).
2. Not compatible. If you're leaning towards an SSD upgrade, you could consider getting a regular 2.5" SATA SSD and replace the HDD with the SSD and install Windows 7 on it. Check this thread as other users have sucessfully installed Win7 on their Z510.
3. Natively, these are some of the systems that supports mSATA:
- IdeaPad Y400 / Y500
- IdeaPad Yoga 13
- IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro
- IdeaPad U310 / U410 / U510
- IdeaPad Y580
Sample articles / videos: