cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sidharth
Punch Card
Views: 2,665
Message 1 of 23

Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 - Copper Metallic Polish and Screws at the Bottom of the laptop coming out

I have bought this laptop - Lenovo Z570 - few months ago (in April) only to find that apart from 2 dead pixels, the Copper Metallic covering and the screws at the back side of the laptop has started coming off, here are few pics of the what is happening.

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Its really looking ugly, and now I always try to avoid touching this particular region as whenever I touch it, more of this copper metallic polish withers off.

It's still in the warranty period and when I had a little chat with one of customer care representative (online) - Sameer Bhan - I was told that this is covered under warranty and I can call at the toll free number to register my request, and so I did.

After two days someone from lenovo came at my place told me that its a genuine problem and its not a physical damage, and in order to make sure he can help me out, he took these pics and told that he'll forward these pics to lenovo center to ensure that it is really covered under warrenty.

And today I got a call from one of the local lenovo service center that this problem isn't covered under warranty.

So are these people only interested in playing with their customers!!

Can anyone on this forum please tell me that is it really covered under warranty or not?

What should I do now? As this metallic polish is really withering off as hell..

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

sidharth
Punch Card
Views: 2,607
Message 2 of 23

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 - Copper Metallic Polish and Screws at the Bottom of the laptop coming out

hey andyP

Instead of just modifying my post, it would be better if you'd be of some help..

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,598
Message 3 of 23

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 - Copper Metallic Polish and Screws at the Bottom of the laptop coming out

Hi sidharth,

We are volunteers here assuring that this Forum runs smoothly. We can't escalate your problems. We don't have the contacts and we're not Lenovo employees.  

If somebody is accessing this forum with a smart phone and comes across your post and clicks it, your huge pictures will lock up his phone.  Andy gave you a link to the rules, maybe you should read them.  

I also deleted one of your duplicate posts about battery life.  Crossposting splits the discussion and makes it hard to keep track of who responded to what.  These rules are here to help you reach solutions.

Who knows, the guy with the smartphone that you might have locked up might have had the solution that you need.

My suggestion would be to call support back and escalate your problems to the next level.  And, be nice about it!!  You don't want to mess with the guy who determines if something is covered under warranty or not.  

Plastics usually aren't covered unless you have the accidental protection warranty.  When you say that screws are coming out, do you mean that the plastic is cracking or the screws are loose.  If the screws are loose, get a screwdriver and tighten them.  You don't want loose screws putting stress on the plastic and cracking it.  

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with support .

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Former Employee
Views: 2,567
Message 4 of 23

hey sidharth,

apologies on what had happen.

could you pm to me the following and i'll assist as much as i can.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

( To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find )

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
sidharth
Punch Card
Views: 2,502
Message 5 of 23

Thanks for showing concern Serge1410, I've pm'ed you all the details.

I thought highly of lenovo that's why I bought this laptop(IdeaPad Z570), but I never knew that lenovo uses such a poor quality of material for their end product.

It's only been around 5-6 months when I bought this laptop, and the Metallic polish of the touch pad buttons and the surface just beside the touch pad has started coming off (I mean its withering off). I have attached screenshots of how it looked "BEFORE" and how it's looking "NOW," the metallic polish is coming off like anything, so I have started using external mouse to prevent it from withering off any further (and its really annoying to use an external mouse on a laptop).

And I think within few months whole of my laptop's surface will look like what it appears in the screenshot right now. And that would be real ugly.

I have never seen laptops of any other company having similar issues. Lenovo for sure uses poorest quality of materials available to them. I'm very much disappointed after getting a bleak response from the customer care representative.I would never in the world recommend lenovo to any of my friends now.

Please look into the matter as soon as possible.

Screenshots (I know moderator will remove the preview of these pics again, but I'd like to show everyone how bad lenovo laptops really are, people should go for HP, Sony or some other companies, but not lenovo):

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,489
Message 6 of 23

@ sidharth,

you seem to have a poor view of forum moderation. All moderators are volunteers and not employed by Lenovo, if you have an issue with how the forum is moderated we have the forum Housekeeping board, please post your questions / comments on moderation there.

As far as your previous post is concerned; nothing has been removed, pictures which exceeded the parameters laid out in the Forum Guidelines have been, in accordance with the guidelines, converted to links. The Forum Guidelines, are to be observed and adhered to.

Thankyou in advance

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,372
Message 7 of 23
Moved:

sidharth
Punch Card
Views: 2,354
Message 8 of 23

thanks topmahof.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,342
Message 9 of 23

No problem, I know how it feels when you have a computer that isn't right.

Hopefully Serge can get you taken care of.

Good luck,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
sidharth
Punch Card
Views: 2,277
Message 10 of 23

BUMP..Any solution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors