Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zsocalenovo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,133
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 - compatible SSDs

Hello dear Community!

I've got a Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 notebook, purchased 4 years ago.
Not so long ago the HDD just went wrong again so now I'd like to put an SSD in it instead of a new HDD.

Here's my first found: SSD Kingston 240 GB SSD, V300, 7mm (other specs: 2,5 inch, SATA3 interface).

So, my question #1 is whether this SSD will be okay for my machine or not?
If not could You just suggest me another ones that are compatible with it for sure (around the same capacity)?

Another but not so important question #2: is it possible that changing the drive manually (no guarantee anymore) will cause the original (with-purchased) Win7 OS not working?

Thank You very much for Your response in advance!

Best regards,

Zsolt László

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,118
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 - compatible SSDs

hi Zsolt,

Welcome to the Forums.

I haven't seen anyone used the Kingston 240 GB SSD on the Z570 but it should work as it's a 2.5" drive (ensure that you can return the item though just in case the BIOS doesn't detect it).

Alternatively, you can opt to get another brand like the Samsung Evo as other users have tested it on this unit.

Video:

Samsung SSD on the Z570

As for the OS, Windows should automatically activate itself once you re-install Windows (e.g., From a backup, a recovery disc, or fresh install) but in case it doesn't activate, you will need to activate it by phone.

Edit:

Added links

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

zsocalenovo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,100
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 - compatible SSDs

Hey neokenchi!

Thank You very much for Your fast response!

Accepted your suggestion and after some search I chose the one U recommended (SAMSUNG 850 EVO Basic 2,5" 250GB ordered).

Probably I will post my experiences here as soon as possible (about both the hardware and the Win7 installation).

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Zsolt László

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors