cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaverickMMA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,296
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 WiFi Connection issues.

Just purchsed the Lenovo Z580 at Staples for 549.99.  The Windows 8 OS is pre-installed on the machine.  Starts up fine, navigates fine, but for some reason the wireless seems to go from Connected to Limited to Connecting to No Network all in the span of ten seconds.  I can get the internet to work for about five seconds max, but after that nothing.

Is it a defective machine or am I missing something?

Tinderbox_UK
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,292
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 WiFi Connection issues.

Find out what wifi brand and model number then see if you can a newer driver , do a search of the net.

I have the broadcom bcm4313 and i was getting the limited connection, though it was zero connection every hour, but after a search i found a driver, and it only happens maybe once a day now.

I have an Win7 Z580

John.

Win7 Lenovo Ideapad Z580 i5-3210m HD4000 Win7 x64 8gb 1600MHz Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Highlighted
MaverickMMA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,264
Message 3 of 7

Yeah, that was the first thing I did. I have the Intenl Centrino so I went to their website and downloaded the January 30 Driver update.  Wireless still fails.  I've noticed a few others have had a problem with this, as well.

lschadel
Paper Tape
Views: 2,250
Message 4 of 7

I have been having the same issues since I started using my new Z580 after Christmas. Wifi was working fine out of the box, but then started having intermittent connection issues. Called support but they were not able to help and suggested they would send a new wireless card if I did a One Touch Restart and still was having the issue. Did a One Touch restart but still having issues - I don't think the issue is with the wireless card, my suspicion is that the computer is somehow turning off WiFi capability for some reason. I also have the Intel Centrino wireless card and am looking for a solution to this problem. Please post if you have one.

MaverickMMA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,245
Message 5 of 7

I wish I did have an answer.  Unfortunately, I just returned the unit to the store I purchased it from and bought a different unit. 

digrivin
What's DOS?
Views: 2,243
Message 6 of 7

Try uninstalling the Intel ProSet wireless and re-installing from their website. I did this on mine and it seemed to fix it right up. Make sure when re-installing you choose the correct operating system.

MaverickMMA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,222
Message 7 of 7

I read another forum that suggested that fix and sadly, it didn't help my situation at all.  Hopefully it resolves Ischadel's problem, though.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors