Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbloe9
What's DOS?
Views: 156
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo IdeaPad Z710 Win 8.1 slowing down to the point of being unresponsive

I've had this "lovely" notebook for going on 2 years now, while I'm not thrilled with this notebook at all I do have one glaring problem I cant not seem to fix.

I've been diligently updating my windows 8.1 with all the needed fixes and etc. For the past week or 2 though my pc has had MAJOR issues with just being on and idling.  Example would be saturday I left for the day and left my pc on (like always) I had chrome running with a single google tab opened and notepad opened. I got home today and the pc was completely frozen. Couldn't do anything but pull the battery out and restart.

But now the battery can't even be in the notebook as the ideapad will not start with it in there. It simply does not start. Is there a way to fix this unresponsiveness for my system? I don't have anything running in the background (norton etc) and I haven't downloaded anything that would be risky. I've scanned my pc and have done ccleaner along with removing any programs I don't use. But my pc is still getting unresponsive. How can I fix this?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 148
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z710 Win 8.1 slowing down to the point of being unresponsive

Try the usual task of running disk cleaner and then do a defrag of the drive.

jbloe9
What's DOS?
Views: 147
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z710 Win 8.1 slowing down to the point of being unresponsive

thanks lenblazer il run that today and reply back if it fixes

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors