Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riyakku
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,241
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo IdeaPad Z710 Win 8.1

i have just purchased a preowned  ideapad z710.  i would like to remove the details of the previous owner and register the laptop in my name. Essentially, i need a fresh install.  How can I do this?  do i have to download a fresh copy of windows 8.1?  if so, from where?  will i get the ownership of the windows 8.1 operating system that is installed in this laptop or do i have to pay for the same again?

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 6,228
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z710 Win 8.1

restart your laptop and spam f9 or F8 to get recovery menu off windows 8 from there you can then pick restore pc select full restore that will then wipe everything that previous owner had on the laptop so it will start from fractory mode where you will have to set it up yourself.

Update: if this laptop has a onekey recovery button next to charger port is then press that button and follow restore steps from onerecovery system that boots up select reset or w.e it has so it will wipe your laptop and set it back to factory settings

Update 2: it's actually next to power on and off button you should find a tiny button so power laptop off then press it and let it boot up into one key recovery software from there follow steps for reset Smiley Happy

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,202
Message 3 of 6

@riyakku wrote:

i have just purchased a preowned  ideapad z710.  i would like to remove the details of the previous owner and register the laptop in my name. Essentially, i need a fresh install.  How can I do this?  do i have to download a fresh copy of windows 8.1?  if so, from where?  will i get the ownership of the windows 8.1 operating system that is installed in this laptop or do i have to pay for the same again?

A copy of the OS from the factory is in a hidden partition. So to restore to factory default all you have to do is press the NOVO button and select System Recovery from the menu and select Restore to initial backup. After the restoration, you will only be able to name the PC and change the username. NO previous owner's name can be found unless the OS is not from Lenovo. The product key is also embedded in the bios so there is no need for you to enter them manually and the installation will not be prompting you about it.

One thing though that you need to change is the product registration. As of now that unit is still registered to the previous owner.

riyakku
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,163
Message 4 of 6

Thank you very much.  

mrasmus
Paper Tape
Views: 5,724
Message 5 of 6

How to contact the service center on this F4 key?

thoschi
Punch Card
Views: 5,709
Message 6 of 6

Hello mrasmus,

look there:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Lenovo-ideapad-Z710-How-to-disable-function...

Have a nice day

LENOVO IDEAPAD Z710 59403383,i7-4700MQ,8 GB DDR3-RAM,1.920 x 1.080 Pixel,NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740M,Hybrid (1 TB S-ATA + 8GB SSD)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors