Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravi64
Punch Card
Views: 2,537
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Ideapad Blackout

While doing work on my computer the screen randomly will blackout for the past week and I have to press and hold the power button untill the computer shuts down. Is this a software problem or is it caused by hardware?
BaileyMoto
Punch Card
Views: 2,507
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Blackout

Any idea what your cpu temps are at? Read somewhere that overheating can cause this problem.
Ravi64
Punch Card
Views: 2,450
Message 3 of 8

No I have no idea. I feel there might be like a wire loose or something beucase it happens mostly when I shift positions.
Former Administrator
Views: 2,433
Message 4 of 8

Ravi64,

Can you tell us a bit more about this situation?   Which model IdeaPad do you have?

What happens if you close the lid, wait a few seconds and then open it again?  Does the screen come back on?   Can you tell if the backlight is turning off, or the screen is completely losing signal?

The fact that you can shut down and restart it seems to point to software rather than hardware, like a loose connection or wire.

Have you check out your power management settings?

Mark

Ravi64
Punch Card
Views: 2,339
Message 5 of 8

When this happens the screen completly turns off. It is not just the backlight. Also if I am playing music or somehting i can still hear it. closing the monitor does not do anything. I also do not see how power management would help since i am still using the computer when it happens it should not try to turn off the screen inorder to save power. When this does happen it is usually preceded by me moving the computer os the screen being shaken slightly.
lenicka
What's DOS?
Views: 953
Message 6 of 8

Hello, I have this problem as well always just after starting the computer. When I open the task manager (if possible) there is usually hanging the TouchZone app. I have brand new z580.

mehtarn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 910
Message 7 of 8

Hello, I have the identical problem !!! Brand new i7 Z580. Anyway I solved it with help thru some other page in this forum, here what u do, in the location as indicated

Location    C:\Program Files:Lenovo:Intelligent Touchpad:TouchZone.exe which is application file 285kb

RenameTouchZone.exe renamed to TouchZoneOld.exe

Create a subfolder TEMPP in this folder and copy theOriginal File into new subfolder TEMPP.

I used to get a blank black screen and sometimes appeared a orange hand icon in the bottom left area after the last start button which indicated Lenovo TouchZone.

Now the problem is ok, maybe some advanced features of the touchpad are not active anymore but thats ok with me !!

Good luck !

oixvi
What's DOS?
Views: 219
Message 8 of 8

Hello, I stumbled upon your question when I was Googling "Lenovo blackout", did you get your answer on how to fix it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors