Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marbutj
What's DOS?
Views: 379
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Ideapad P500 Onekey Recovery

So I'm trying to setup a backup before I leave on my study abroad, I have a 3tb Seagate  expansion drive and for whatever reason Onekey Recovery refuses to allow me to "Start" the back up to it.

I've tried several different drive formats, cleaned it and converted it MBR with NTFS and exfat, back to GPT with NTFS and exfat, partitioned out 300gb to use as a backup. I have literally done just about everything you can do with a hard drive to try and get this to work.

I'm running Onekey Recovery 8.0 at the moment and it shows no updates available so... any ideas?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 366
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Ideapad P500 Onekey Recovery

@marbutj wrote:

So I'm trying to setup a backup before I leave on my study abroad, I have a 3tb Seagate  expansion drive and for whatever reason Onekey Recovery refuses to allow me to "Start" the back up to it.

I've tried several different drive formats, cleaned it and converted it MBR with NTFS and exfat, back to GPT with NTFS and exfat, partitioned out 300gb to use as a backup. I have literally done just about everything you can do with a hard drive to try and get this to work.

I'm running Onekey Recovery 8.0 at the moment and it shows no updates available so... any ideas?

How large are your data? Where is it located ( C or D)?

Highlighted
marbutj
What's DOS?
Views: 364
Message 3 of 6

The back up will be 260Gb.

The data to be backed up is on my C drive

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 358
Message 4 of 6

@marbutj wrote:

The back up will be 260Gb.

The data to be backed up is on my C drive

That might be too big for the program to handle. There were reports in the past of problems in restoring the backup.

Why not just copy those personal data into the external drive? Erase it thereafter in the existing drive then do the OKR backup. That is only backup the OS and installed programs using OKR.

marbutj
What's DOS?
Views: 353
Message 5 of 6

If I try to backup to my C drive it will let me...

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 349
Message 6 of 6

@marbutj wrote:

If I try to backup to my C drive it will let me...

Yes, I agree. And you can copy it to your external drive. However, as stated problem will arise if you restore. So of what use is the backup since you can't restore it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors