Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 9 (2,126 Views)

Lenovo Ideapad Y460 battery pluged in but no charging

Its doing exatly what it says...I left it on last night and the battery ran out all the way aparently while I Was watching justin.tv.  Now it wont recharge??  

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 9 (2,099 Views)

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y460 battery pluged in but no charging

after downloading batterybar its recharging.  Anyone know why it wouldnt recharge? 

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 9 (2,071 Views)

i am having the same problem with my NEW Y560. Try taking the battery out and connect your adapter and check if the laptop is powering up. If it is, then there is likely a problem with the battery.

I am very disappointed with this as I am a first time lenovo buyer. I am a regular HP and sony buyer and this is the first time I bought a lenovo. Disappointing.

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 9 (2,062 Views)

I dont think its anything wrong with the machine although Im waiting for updates to install to test if it powers up without an battery in, but is says on the battery thing in the tool bar that its plugged in but not charging, exatly those words.  I think its something to do with updates for windows but im not sure. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 9 (2,055 Views)

Well my laptop does power on without the battery in it but that wouldnt have anything to do with the battery being good or bad.

Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 9 (2,050 Views)

I dont know for sure what it  is but I would say its not a deterant from buying the laptop.  You just have to fiddle around with it sometimes to get it to charge  and it could just be I need to update something or there might be a setting in all the power savings modes some where hidden away I havent found.  If some expert on the machine could respond...

Community Moderator
Message 7 of 9 (2,027 Views)

try to remove the battery, press power button for couple of seconds, then replace the battery, try again.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 9 (2,000 Views)

To all wondering why this is happening, it is software like I new.  It was some rouge setting in windows, please check here for instructions on what to change, read the comments as it explains in full detail what to change(link). 

What your suppose to do to fix it in short is Start--> type "device" --> Device Manager --> Battery then from here you nder the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).  Your suppose to do this without the battery in! Hope this helps! 

maf
Token Ring
Message 9 of 9 (1,996 Views)

This happened on my Y560 one time and it as immediately following a hibernation (It was plugged in to a power strip that was turned off and the battery ran out).  After rebooting and resetting some of the power managment settings, it started charging again and has not happened again.   However, I normally do not use hybernation - only sleep.

Top kudoed Authors