Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black0ut
What's DOS?
Views: 766
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Problem

Hello,

About a month ago, I received my new Lenovo Ideapad Y500 running on Windows 8. However, during this week, a problem occurred about probably 8 times already. Windows said that it encountered an error and it automatically restarts for me.

The majority of the time, it says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (tcpip.sys). Sometimes it says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (aswnet.sys), but I realized that that was an avast antivirus problem.

I tried refreshing the laptop. Everything was going well until I reinstalled all the programs again. That's when it happened again.

The list of programs I installed were:

League of Legends

Avast Antivirus

CCleaner

Defraggler

Adobe Photoshop

Java

Adobe Flash

Kingsoft Office Suite

Any idea on how to fix this problem(s)?

Any help would be appreciated.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 727
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Problem

Hi
I think avast antivirus is the problem. Try uninstalling it once.
These antiviruses do cause a lot of problem. 

Also update wireless card drivers

Hope this helps

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Black0ut
What's DOS?
Views: 722
Message 3 of 5

Hey ishaan,

Thanks very much for replying! I did a little searching myself in the Microsoft forums. Some other person had the same problem as I did. And the problem seems to be that McAfee and Avast do not go well together. So I'm going to try uninstalling both and see how it goes.

Also, how do I check what type of wireless card do I have?

Thanks again. =)

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 718
Message 4 of 5

Open device manager and see under network adapter.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Y400Owner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 634
Message 5 of 5

I had the same problem after installing avast. I uninstal...

I had the same problem after installing avast. I uninstalled avast and have not had any problems. There is a patch somewhere in Avast forum for Windows 8.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors