Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrSnuggleBottom
Punch Card
Views: 7,199
Message 691 of 1,107

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Touchpad Not Working

@pintureddy72 wrote:

Ok so I have had my y500 for over 10 days now and have n't really noticed any real problems so far. I have the model with 16gb ram + bluray+16GB mSSD and Elan touchpad. I believe someone with this same model reported problems earlier. Manufactured Nov 24th 2012. So I was waiting to see the touchpad prbs all these days as Mark_Lenovo confirmed the dates. Only thing I did was disable some settings for touchpad as someone mentioned in earlier post.

Is there any stress test or something that I can do to replicate the issue. I am not a gamer. I only have few Vm's setup on this. ram and i7 were the only reason I bought this.

My question is should I wait few more days or as exchange/return for refund? Is the 90 day return policy valid for all y500 owners?

The invoice gets sent to you by mail on the day of shipment. The invoice date is the day of shipment I believe.

Not sure about refund policies, only know about 21 day refund.

Wasontilt
Punch Card
Views: 7,194
Message 692 of 1,107

I specifically asked the sales representative if this laptop comes with synaptics touchpad and they told me that the 16gb model comes with it.

So far two people with the 16gb models have reported ELAN touchpad!!! 

My y500 is suppose to ship tomorrow.  I hope it's a synaptics!

Please update us if you're having any issues with the computer.

I wonder if all laptops with Elan touchpad are affected or if there is a certain percentage of them that are faulty?

vigneshn92
Paper Tape
Views: 7,133
Message 693 of 1,107

yeah the y500 only..manufactured during november with the elan touchpad. bios version is 6bcn31ww (v1.03)
amg_y500
Punch Card
Views: 7,124
Message 694 of 1,107

@vigneshn92: did they do the replacement in India or us ?
im askin cuz im in India and my bro is getting it for me !
pimvh
Punch Card
Views: 7,075
Message 695 of 1,107

@vigneshn92 wrote:
yeah the y500 only..manufactured during november with the elan touchpad. bios version is 6bcn31ww (v1.03)

If you have still bios v 1.03 then there is no need for update to 1.05

I wonder why Lenovo is so quitte This is a simple change of touchpad.

Strange.

Highlighted
Former Administrator
Views: 7,017
Message 696 of 1,107

pimvh,

It has been a couple of weeks since I last replied on page 42 of this thread with the details that we had determined concerning these touchpad symptoms.  We've built with both synaptics and updated elantech touchpads since.

We have updated parts on the way to service - some advanced stock is already in place.

I would expect our support centers to conduct normal problem determination to rule out drivers or any software conflicts and then to help arrange service as necessary to help resolve this for any customers who experience these symptoms.

UPDATE - We've also published tips on our support site about this issue - here is the link  There is also additional information available to our call center and our depot repair centers to guide them in replacing the touchpad and palmrest on affected models.  

Best regards,

Mark

k2k
Punch Card
Views: 6,917
Message 697 of 1,107

Hello Mark,

When will the new touchpads arrive at the Service Center in Holland? Is there a one day repair option here? I need the laptop for my work everyday.

Best regards

apti
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,892
Message 698 of 1,107

I received my Y500 yesterday and can confirm it still has the same issue and is still coming installed with the Elan touchpad. My order was placed on 1/20 (I will say, besides the horrendous touchpad experience, this was by far the best shipping experience of my life).

I ordered this model on the belief that the issue was remedied in newer models and also that it really couldn't be as bad as people say it is. Well, the issue has not been remedied and it is that bad. It's literally unusable - I'm not exaggerating at all. It clicks and moves the pointer at random.. it opens, closes, deletes, moves things all over the place. It happens non-stop. My system tray icon tells me that it is recognizing my finger as using the touchpad, even when I'm not close to the computer. It won't go to the screensaver because the mouse is always moving, and I can't leave my pc on or it may delete my important information. The rest of the PC seems fairly nice, but I'll have a better idea if/when I can actually use the device I paid $1000 for.

After speaking with Lenovo customer service, they are going to send me a new model. I was guaranteed that this model would have the Synaptics touchpad and would not be a refurbished model - it would be brand new. I was also guaranteed that if this model was defective, I could send it back for a full refund. Lenovo is also letting me keep the defective device until the new one arrives. The only issue I have is that the DOA estimate was wishy-washy, at best. If it ends up being 1/3 of a year out like some people have reported, I'm jumping ship ASAP.

I want to stick with you on this PC, Lenovo. Please, work with me to make that happen.

dwgjr330
SCSI Port
Views: 6,876
Message 699 of 1,107

Mark- why don't you reply to PM?

How long are they expecting the backlog to last for servicing? I need to get the computer back asap so I can return this for a functioning HP
Makak
Punch Card
Views: 6,868
Message 700 of 1,107

Mine should be delivered next week (Montreal). I will keep you informed about my own experience (regarding the touchpad brand and the date the system was manufactured). I see strong incoherence between Mark's last post and the fact that people are still receiving malfunctionning units.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors