Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vtrecha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,257
Message 11 of 1,107

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Touchpad Not Working

Tried the new driver (v.11.4.7.1). It is helpful.

Hate that left and right click "buttons" are unreliable.

Please keep posting until problem is 100% fixed.

First time I have owned a Lenovo and unless the company steps up quickly, it may be the last.

Thanks.

Dpet
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,233
Message 12 of 1,107

Update!!!!

Day 3 of having this laptop and haven't returned it yet because post sales isnt open again till monday. Touch pad still acts up and goes out of control, senses that something is touching it when there isn't anything. 

Found that if you push the power button to put the computer to sleep then push it again after a few seconds, this seems to fix the touch pad issue temporarily. Tried actually restarting the computer and this did not work. Power button works for me.

Don't know if this means it's a driver/software issue or worse an actual physical problem. 

Reply back if this helps at all or any idea what the actual problem is.

surfensteve
What's DOS?
Views: 8,089
Message 13 of 1,107

This evening I got the drifiting cursor/ trackpad problem.I have very little  control over gestures, which is frustrating! I thought it was a virus but since everyone else is having the problem its a driver problem none the less. I love this laptop- better than my year old Toshiba but this trackpad problem is really pissing me off.

After some time, due to the cursor not being cooperative I finally got to check for driver updates, which came up with nothing. Instead, I went to the mouse device options and disabled all the Elan advanced gestures, such as what you can do with three fingers, etc... I think its a temp fix as well, especially since I dont think those advanced finger or trackpad gestures are helping any... But since I disabled that crap my mouse seems to work... who knows how long this will work but I am calling them in the AM! Indeed, I am at my whits-end with Windows PC laptops if this is not resolved soon I think I am going back to Mac PC's forever!! I am tired of making investments and getting crap that wont last more than a year at most, like my Toshiba laptop...

judyinnyc
Serial Port
Views: 8,033
Message 14 of 1,107

Dpet,

The on/off button does definitely clear the touch pad problem.  The new driver has improved things but I still do get "stuck" at times, and when I do that seems to clear it right up. 

Of course, I consider that a work-around and def not a fix!

Sheva24
Punch Card
Views: 7,921
Message 15 of 1,107

I still have this issue.None of your solution has worked for me.why doesnt any admin or moderator inform us about this issue?.All of us are here to get some info from you.I am frustrated please reply asap
vtrecha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,916
Message 16 of 1,107

It is a hardware issue. I had the touchpad replaced today and it is working. Demand a new touch pad.

n1smo
Token Ring
Views: 7,904
Message 17 of 1,107

@vtrecha wrote:

It is a hardware issue. I had the touchpad replaced today and it is working. Demand a new touch pad.

How did you get the touchpad replaced?  Did you send it back?  Also, who did you get in contact with to make this happen?

niceseol
Punch Card
Views: 7,879
Message 18 of 1,107

I also want to know about it
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 7,858
Message 19 of 1,107

hey guys,

if you think it's software issue, please, confirm that you all have windows 8 and manufacturer of the drivers ( is it elan touchpad? )

also, please, try to un-install the current drivers, restart your computer and check if it works. ( by using windows drivers )

if this doesn't work, please, re-install the drivers from d:drivers.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
darthmaul
Paper Tape
Views: 7,843
Message 20 of 1,107

Is this problem solved if an external mouse is used on y500 ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors